Questions: Contact Jim
"The Lazy Z @ Winter Park": 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths – Views Views Views!
This brand new complex is in one of the most sought after locations in downtown Winter Park.
About “The Lazy Z @ Winter Park”: This is a new listing as of June 2017 and is our 2nd listing in Grand County. As we are building our reviews for this property, we invite you to see our all 5 star reviews of our VRBO Listing #593520, “The Lazy Z @ Tabernash” which is located in the exclusive Pole Creek neighborhood just down the road in Tabernash, CO . The reason we purchased this condo was clearly because of 2 things:
1) Location, location, location: not only are you walking distance from Main Street in downtown Winter Park, but you are also one of a just a few units that are located right on the Fraser River and the Fraser River Walking Trail. Guests can walk, run, hike, bike, ski or snowshoe on the Fraser River Trail which is right outside the unit. If fly-fishing is your thing, just walk down to the Fraser River and cast out your line until your heart’s content!
2) Oh, the views, views, views: again, there are just a handful of condos that can make the claim that they have the most stunning views of any unit located in downtown Winter Park. In the morning, grab a cup of coffee, pull up one of the deck chairs and watch the sunrise over the continental divide… no better way to start your day! When evening comes, pour yourself a glass of wine or your favorite beverage and just watch in amazement as the sunset on Perry Peak offers a dazzling show of bright pastel colors that are unmatched anywhere in the world! One more thing… keep your camera close by as you won’t want to miss that photo op when the Moose come down to graze in the meadow just below your feet. It is truly a sight and memory that will last a lifetime! If you came to the mountains to get away from it all, “The Lazy Z” will exceed all your expectations!
About Unit #433 - The Lazy Z: The Lazy Z sleeps up to 8 and with 1500+ square feet of space, everyone will feel comfortable and have plenty of room to relax and enjoy their vacation. The unit is located on the 3rd floor with immediate elevator access. As such, only the 3rd floor units have beautiful vaulted ceilings and you will never have to worry about noisy neighbors above you so you can fully enjoy your mountain getaway! The 3 bedrooms have all the comforts our guests would expect and the 3 full baths make it convenient for everyone getting ready to start the day or when heading out for the evening. There is a flat screen TV in the living room with HDTV cable for everyone to enjoy their favorite movies or sporting events. High speed internet Wi-Fi services are included as well. The kitchen is awesome! If you plan to cook in, the kitchen has a large granite work area and is stocked with everything you'll need from a great selection of pots, pans, and utensils, to a crock-pot, smoothie machine, drip coffee maker, cookie sheets, and a full set of spices! We supply basics like salt, pepper, sugar, and cooking spray; olive oil and popcorn! The condo has a radiant “in floor” heating system to keep you nice and toasty during the winter months and during those cool evenings in the spring and fall. Need to clean clothes? We also have a full size washer and dryer with detergent for your use as needed.
About The Trailhead Lodge: Just completed in the spring of 2017, the developers thought of everything vacationers would want and you will experience that first hand during your stay. First of all, you are just steps from restaurants, shops, hiking and biking trails. And how about the Trailhead Clubhouse… the private (for guests only) Clubhouse is amazing as it includes a heated pool (open year round), hot tub, pool table, a large social/living area, workout gym, and an outdoor patio with fire pit and grills for guests to fully enjoy! The heart of the town is literally outside your front door. And while the ski resort is just a few minute drive up the road, leave the car and catch the free resort bus just outside the unit. Maybe best of all, you are less than 100 yards away from the newly completed Hideaway Park and Concert Pavilion!
About Hideaway Park and Concert Pavilion: Just a 1-minute walk from “The Lazy Z”, Hideaway Park was built for everyone of all ages to enjoy. For the children, the park has a large kids playground with lots of room to run and play all day long. For the older kids, there is a top-shelf skateboard park that is very popular for those daring young riders to enjoy. In the winter months, the park turns into a free sledding hill for the kids to have the time of their lives. The pavilion offers tables and grills for family picnics and the newly completed concert stage is clearly the crown jewel of the park. The Town of Winter Park offers free concerts each and every week starting in June and through the summer months. And just think, all of this and more just steps away!
The Winter Park Mountain Resort: The cornerstone of Grand County, the resort offers all kinds of activities all year round. The Winter Park Ski Resort is known for its top rated ski lesson school, family friendly slopes and the #1 rated ski program, National Sports Center For The Disabled (NSCD). There is also, Mary Jane as well, which is a part of the resort and known for its moguls, tree skiing, hidden huts and generally more difficult terrain. During summer months the base area turns into a playground for everyone in the family to enjoy. Whether it be mountain biking, putt-putt, the thrilling alpine slide or just a leisurely hike from the top of the mountain to the base, there is something for everyone. Or maybe you just want to take the lift and enjoy lunch or an evening dinner at the Sunspot restaurant located 10,000 feet above sea level. While dining there, you will take in some of the most breathtaking views in the Rockies. Again, the free shuttle system runs frequently along Main Street and can get you to all the activities in just a few short minutes!
Main Street – Downtown Winter Park: all within a short walk, Main Street Winter Park bustles with energy all year long. There are plenty of local shops to visit and every kind of restaurant imaginable. In addition to dining, you can find some great drinking establishments including 2 craft breweries and an excellent distillery. Hideaway Park Brewery is a small local brewery that has fast become a local favorite and it is mine as well. Go there and you are sure to meet a wonderful mix of locals and visitors sitting outside in the sun and just enjoying the day with an ice cold Hideaway Park craft brew in their hands.
Other local attraction/amenities include:
• Devil's Thumb Ranch: possibly the best kept secret in the Rockies but that is changing now that the word has gotten out. The Ranch offers outstanding dining, a world class spa, horseback riding, snow shoeing, hiking and some of the best cross country skiing in the US!
• The Fraser Tubing Hill: So, you want a thrill like no other??? Than this is a must for you and your family/friends. This might be the best 1-hour adventure in all of Grand County.
• Arapaho National Forest: endless hiking, biking, fishing and sightseeing opportunities abound
• Grand Lake: over 100 miles of groomed trails for some of the best snowmobiling in the world. This small town bustles in the summer months and loads of water activities or just enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk on main street and visit the many local shops before settling down for a great lunch or dinner. One of Colorado’s favorite mountain towns to visit.
• Grand County: there is so much to do so be sure to tap in to the Chamber of Commerce website before your trip to see all that is offered year round. There are dinner sleigh rides, dog-sledding adventures and 4 spectacular golf courses to name a few more things to do so check it all out and take it all in! We love Grand County and we know you will too!
* Winter Park Sales Taxes: You will be receiving a separate bill for Winter Park City Sales Taxes of 7% since VRBO has not been able to set this up yet in their system.Get the full listing »