Experience the beauty of Alaska from this vacation rental apartment! The 1-bed, 1.5-bath Matanuska Susitna Valley getaway offers mountain views, a pond and creek set between Wasilla and Palmer! Visit Anchorage with ease, and spend your days hiking and snowmobiling in Chugach State Park and Denali National Park in addition to dog sledding, fishing and backcountry touring during your stay in The Last Frontier!
*NOTE: The homeowner lives on-site in a separate unit with some shared amenities*
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed, Twin Mattress
Set on the lower level of a home, the apartment shares access to the partially wooded, 7-acre property with mountain views! You'll feel relaxation wash over you as soon as you arrive at this apartment!
The 970-square-foot interior features hardwood floors and broad windows overlooking Pioneer Peak. If you have any work to finish up, pull up a seat to the office area tucked into the corner and use the wireless internet access to send those last few emails!
Pick up some delicious local produce - or one of the legendary giant cabbages - to prepare some of your home-cooked favorites in the fully equipped kitchen. The eat-in counter boasts 2 seats where you can settle in to enjoy your meal.
Wind down with a movie on one of the flat-screen TVs - one is in the living room and one is in the bedroom - before calling it a night. The full and half bathrooms provide plenty of space for you to finish your bedtime routine with ease - you'll fall asleep in no time!
-- THE LOCATION --
Local history meets outdoor adventure at this peaceful Alaska home! The central location is 9 miles from Palmer and 10 miles from Wasilla - visit Palmer attractions like the unique Musk Ox Farm, the Reindeer Farm and Bodenburg Butte, or Wasilla highlights including the Iditarod Headquarters. Numerous lakes near the apartment offer great fishing for easygoing days on the water.
Have an epic day learning to race sled dogs at the Alaska Mushing School, book some time with Hell Bent Fishing Charters, and see the Alaskan backcountry with a snowmobile or ATV tour! Celebrate the end of summer each year with the annual Alaska State Fair celebrating Mat-Su agriculture and prizewinning cabbages!
Soak in panoramic Talkeetna Mountain views with a day trip along Hatcher Pass Scenic Drive. Be sure to stop by Independence Mine State Historical Park to learn about Alaska's own Gold Rush! Skiing awaits 45 miles away at Arctic Valley set in Chugach State Park. Set beside Denali National Park & Preserve, Denali State Park is 100 miles away. The Denali Visitor Center is 200 miles away, offering access to over 6 million acres of stunning landscapes.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, 2 flat-screen TVs, home office area, provided linens and towels, in-unit washer and dryer, shared access to 7 partially forested acres, a creek and a pond, on-site parking, available RV parking and more
- Secluded Wasilla location near Palmer with easy access to area attractions like the Alaska State Fair, the Iditarod Headquarters, Hatcher Pass Scenic Drive, and countless outdoor activities including dogsledding, snowmobiling, backcountry tours, fishing charters and more
- Nearest Major Airport: Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (~52 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit with some shared outdoor amenities, and may be present during your stay
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »