3 Blocks to 6 blocks (5 to 10 minutes Walk, depends on which gate) to Washington DC Convention Center. Premium, hippy and convenient location. Renovated Victoria townhouse. Window, closet, compact refrigrator & desk in room. No TV.
Most complaints/low star rating are due to bad Comcast cable, which leads to no wifi, no TV and door did not open (we use wifi lock). Recently Comcast has fixed the problem by installing a BIG cable box in our building. Now internet, TV and lock all work great.
1. everything works, and most things are new.
the room size is adequate for 2 persons. But some guest may find it is tight for 3 persons.
2. Private bathroom is inside your private bedroom.
3. this is on 2nd level of a townhouse in a premium location. Wood laminate floor.
4. This room is located on the 2nd level condo. Big bay windows with a lot of sunlight.
5. room temperature: we strive to provide the most comfortable room temperature for our guest: less than 76F (24C) for the hot season, more than 69F (20C) for the cold season. According to various website, the most comfortable temperature is 70F to 75F.
That said, the condo has central AC/Heat. Each room is Not adjustable. Each person is different at different time regarding to temperature. So if you want room temperature different from the above temperature, it would be difficult for us to satisfy, because we have other guest who may have different requirement.
If our cooling/heating is too strong, please open the window or use fan.
Each room has a fan.
6. This room shares a long wall with another room. So there may be some noises. also, this room is on a quiet one-way street side. but it is still on the street side, and there may be some traffic.
7. This condo has another 5 guest rooms. On this floor, there are 3 other rooms. Please be courteous to other guests, e.g. no loud talk/phone/tv after 10 pm inside the building or near our building outside.
guests have private access to their room, the closet and private bath. There is a microwave, hot/cool water dispenser in the hallway.
The iron, iron board and storage are on the 1st floor.
there is no kitchen.
The host works at home on the 1st floor. so if you need anything, we are always around. The office work hours are: everyday, 7 am to 11:00 pm. If you need anything in other time, please inform us during regular office hours.
that said, this is a budget place, not a full service hotel. For example, we do Not provide porter service (sorry, we do not haul your luggage), taxi-hauling service, etc.
there are two beds: one is a standard full size bed, another one is a sofa which can be pull over to be a full size bed.
2. drink water: there is a water dispenser in the hall way which provides filtered cool and hot water. No ice maker, but you have your own refrigerator to make ice.
there is a compact refrigerator in your private room.
3. No private parking space. There are some public parking space nearby, but they are not cheap. For example, o street market has public parking.
We do not have a good solution for parking. One possible way is to use some parking app to find a parking spot with fee.
4. Public Transport from the Airport and Train/Bus Station:
Shaw-Howard metro station, green and yellow line. south exit (8 & R, Not shown on G00G1e map). One block south, turn right on 8 & Q.
From DCA (National Reagan), take yellow line metro.
From IAD (Dulles), Bus 5A ($7/person) to last stop, Lefant Plaza, take Green line metro.
From BWI, Bus B30 ($7/person) to last stop, Greenbelt, take metro Green line.
From Union Station:
You can walk about 40 minutes, or take metro subway (Red line to Chinatown to change to Green or Yellow line) or bus (96) about 15 minutes. Uber/lyft/taxi is about 10 minutes.
The recommended transportation is Uber/lyft/taxi. The cost of Uber/Lyft is about $6 to $7, taxi is about $10, which may be cheaper than metro/subway/bus if you have more than 2 people. According to online estimate: uberX: $6-7 , Uber POOL: $4.31 uberXL: $9-11 uberX + Car Seat: $15-17 UberBLACK: $16-20 BLACK CAR + Car Seat: $26-30 UberSUV: $25-28 SUV + Car Seat: $35-37.
At metro station, you can buy metro card (Smart Card) using cash or credit/debit card. You can Not buy smart card in bus or bus station.
you can only enter the train entrance via smart card, no cash.
For bus, you can use cash, but No change. You can also use smart card.
5. This is a legal unit, and registered with DC government, and pay taxes.
6. If you travel from new york city to washington dc, you may want to consider to take bus (less than $25/person). personally i think it is better than air plane flight or even Amtrak train. To find more info or book it, G00g1e Mega bus, Bolt bus or Chinatown bus.
7. Due to many reasons, one of reasons is for the security because we are in security sensitive central DC, we do not accept your shipping/delivery. So please do not ship your purchase to us.
For Amazon, please ship to Amazon pickup location at 7-eleven store. it is free and open 24x7 around the corner.
Amazon Locker - Kelin
397 ft Â· Washington, DC
Open 24 hours
If you ship anything to our address, please be here outside the door and take it yourself.
We charge Big fee if we are forced to take your delivery. So please do not ship your stuff to us.Get the full listing »