3 to 6 Blocks to Washington DC Convention Center. Premium, hippy and convenient location. Renovated & Separate condo in lower level of a nice Victoria townhouse. No share with the host, but host is available 24/7. Window, closet, TV & desk in room.
1. space is tight. but everything works, and most things are new. while we think the space is adequate for one person, some guest may find it is tight.
2. Private bathroom is inside your private bedroom.
3. this is a lower level of a townhouse in a premium location. Wood laminate floor.
4. This room is located on an English basement condo, which means top half the condo is above the ground, and lower half the condo is below the ground. But around the condo, earth is dug out, so the ground cinder brick wall is at least 4 feet away from the windows and the house. when you open any window, top half is above ground, lower half is below the ground, but cinder block wall is at least 4 feet away.
because it is on the lower floor, there may be some noise from the people walking from the upstairs.
5. room temperature: we strive to provide the most comfortable room temperature for our guest: less than 76F (24C) for the hot season, more than 69F (20C) for the cold season. According to various website, the most comfortable temperature is 70F to 75F.
This room has a mini split AC/heating. so you can adjust your room temperature with a remote control.
Each room has a fan.
5. This condo has another 2 guest rooms. Please be courteous to other guests, e.g. no loud talk/phone/tv after 10 pm inside the building or near windows outside.
guests have private access to their room, and bath. guests also share a living area with other airbnb guests, but not with the host. the unit has no living room.
Our internet, TV and lock all work great.
The host works at home on the upper floor. so if you need anything, we are always around. The office work hours are: everyday, 7 am to 11:00 pm. If you need anything in other time, please inform us during regular office hours.
1. TV: it is a new Samsung 40 inch Smart hdTV . Cable has All channels, including sports and premium movie channels (HBO, showtime, etc.). It also has Netflix.
2. Real twin-size bed 38"x75".
3. Ice and drink water: Our side-by-side stainless steel Samsung refrigerator in the kitchen provides ice and filtered cool drink water.
4. Living area has sink, big Samsung microwave and refrigerator, washer/dryer. the guests are welcome to use them.
The gas stove is shut and Not usable. We do so to prevent cooking in the kitchen. there are many reasons, primarily for the benefits of guests who do not cook which are the vast majority of our guests.
1). safety. so no gas and fire problem.
2). space and noise. as we have repeatedly stated, the space is tight. if some guest cooks, eats and lingerings in the kitchen, it may affect other guests negatively.
4). many other reasons.
5. No private parking space. There are some public parking space nearby, but they are not cheap. For example, o street market has public parking. not sure the price, probably more than $30/night.
We do not have a good solution for parking. One possible way is to use some parking app to find a parking spot with fee.
We have house in DC suburb with limited parking.
6. Public Transport from the Airport:
Shaw-Howard metro station, green and yellow line. south exit (8 & R, Not shown on G00G1e map). One block south, turn right on 8 & Q.
From DCA (National Reagan), take yellow line metro.
From IAD (Dulles), Bus 5A ($7/person) to last stop, Lefant Plaza, take Green line metro.
From BWI, Bus B30 ($7/person) to last stop, Greenbelt, take metro Green line.
From Union Station:
You can walk about 40 minutes, or take metro subway (Red line to Chinatown to change to Green or Yellow line) or bus (96) about 15 minutes. Uber/lyft/taxi is about 10 minutes.
The recommended transportation is Uber/lyft/taxi. The cost of Uber/Lyft is about $6 to $7, taxi is about $10, which may be cheaper than metro/subway/bus if you have more than 2 people. According to online estimate: uberX: $6-7 , Uber POOL: $4.31 uberXL: $9-11 uberX + Car Seat: $15-17 UberBLACK: $16-20 BLACK CAR + Car Seat: $26-30 UberSUV: $25-28 SUV + Car Seat: $35-37.
At metro station, you can buy metro card (Smart Card) using cash or credit/debit card. You can Not buy smart card in bus or bus station.
you can only enter the train entrance via smart card, no cash.
For bus, you can use cash, but No change. You can also use smart card.
7. This is a legal unit, and registered with DC government.
8. If you travel from new york city to washington dc, you may want to consider to take bus (less than $25/person). personally i think it is better than air plane flight or even Amtrak train. To find more info or book it, Goog1e Mega bus, Bolt bus or Chinatown bus.
9. Due to many reasons, one of reasons is for the security because we are in security sensitive central DC, we do not accept your shipping/delivery. So please do not ship your purchase to us.
For Amazon, please ship to Amazon pickup location at 7-eleven store. it is free and open 24x7 around the corner.
Amazon Locker - Kelin
397 ft · Washington, DC
Open 24 hours
If you ship anything to our address, please be here outside the door and take it yourself.
We charge Big fee if we are forced to take your delivery. So please do not ship your stuff to us.Get the full listing »