3 to 6 blocks to Washington DC Convention Center. Premium, hippy & convenient location. A renovated & Separate condo in lower level of a Victoria townhouse. Not share with host, but host is available 24/7. Windows,TV,large sofa,wardrobe & desk in room.
Most complaints/low star rating were due to bad Comcast cable, which leads to no wifi, no TV & wifi door lock could not open. Recently Comcast has fixed it by installing a BIG cable box in our building. Now internet, TV and lock all work great.
1. There are two beds: one is a double bed, another one is a sofa which can be pull over to be a full size bed.
OK Room size for 2 people. some people may find the space is tight for 3 persons.
Everything works. Most things are new. Wood laminate floor.
2. Private bathroom is inside your private bedroom.
Most airbnb private rooms, let alone the shared rooms, do not have private bathrooms.
3. This room is located on an English basement condo, which means top half the condo is above the ground, and lower half the condo is below the ground. But around the condo, earth is dug out, so the ground cinder bricks is at least 4 feet away from the windows and the house. when you open any window, top half is above ground, lower half is below the ground, but cinder block wall is at least 4 feet away.
4. room temperature:
This room has an advanced split AC/heating. Guest can control the temperature via a remote.
Each room has a fan.
5. This condo has another 2 guest rooms. Please be courteous to other guests, e.g. no loud talk/phone/tv after 10 pm inside the building or near windows outside.
Guests have private access to the private room, and private bath. Guests share a living area with other Airbnb guests.
Our manager works at home on the upper floor. so if guests need anything, the manager is almost always around. The office work hours are: 7 days/week, 7 am to 11:00 pm. If guests need anything in other time, please inform the hosts during regular office hours.
1. Mattress: the full size bed has very thick (12 inch) memory foam mattress. it is very comfortable.
2. TV: a new Samsung 48 inch Smart UHTV (4k). Cable has All channels, including sports and premium movie channels (HBO, showtime, etc.). It also has Netflix.
3. Living area has sink, big Samsung microwave and refrigerator, washer/dryer. the guests are welcome to use them.
The gas stove is shut and Not usable. We do so to prevent cooking in the kitchen. there are many reasons, primarily for the benefits of guests who do not cook which are the vast majority of our guests.
1). safety. so no gas and fire problem.
2). space and noise. as we have repeatedly stated, the space is tight. if some guest cooks, eats and lingers in the living area, it may affect other guest negatively.
4). many other reasons.
4. No private parking space. There are some public parking space nearby, but they are not cheap. For example, o street market has public parking, but it may cost $30/night.
We do not have a good solution for parking. One possible way is to use some parking app to find a parking spot with fee.
5. noise: you may hear foot steps or noise from upstairs. the floor is not very sound-proof.
6. Public Transport from the Airport:
Shaw-Howard metro station, green and yellow line. south exit (8 & R, Not shown on Go0g1e map). One block south, turn right on 8 & Q.
From DCA (National Reagan), take yellow line metro.
From IAD (Dulles), Bus 5A ($7/person) to last stop, Lefant Plaza, take Green line metro.
From BWI, Bus B30 ($7/person) to last stop, Greenbelt, take metro Green line.
From Union Station:
You can walk about 40 minutes, or take metro subway (Red line to Chinatown to change to Green or Yellow line) or bus (96) about 15 minutes. Uber/lyft/taxi is about 10 minutes.
The recommended transportation is Uber/lyft/taxi. The cost of Uber/Lyft is about $4 to $6, taxi is about $10, which may be cheaper than metro/subway/bus if you have more than 2 people. According to online estimate: uberX: $6-7 , Uber POOL: $4.31 uberXL: $9-11 uberX + Car Seat: $15-17 UberBLACK: $16-20 BLACK CAR + Car Seat: $26-30 UberSUV: $25-28 SUV + Car Seat: $35-37.
At metro station, you can buy metro card (Smart Card) using cash or credit/debit card. You can Not buy smart card in bus or bus station.
you can only enter the train entrance via smart card, no cash.
For bus, you can use cash, but No change. You can also use smart card.
7. This is a legal unit, and registered with DC government.
8. If you travel between new york city and washington dc, you may want to consider take bus. it is less than $25/person. Goog1e mega bus, bolt bus or Chinatown bus.
9. Due to many reasons, one of reasons is for the security because we are in security sensitive central DC, we do not accept your shipping/delivery. So please do not ship your purchase to us.
For Amazon, please ship to Amazon pickup location at 7-eleven store. it is free and open 24x7 around the corner.
Amazon Locker - Kelin
397 ft · Washington, DC
Open 24 hours
If you ship anything to our address, please be here outside the door and take it yourself.
We charge Big fee if we are forced to take your delivery. So please do not ship your stuff to us.Get the full listing »