** Please note that there are other vacation rental units on the property and other travelers may be present during your stay **
Nestled in nearly 60 acres of pristine Hawaiian rainforest, ‘Hauoli Hale’ makes it easy to immerse yourself in the tropical culture of The Big Island. With 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, wheelchair accessibility, and a prime location, minutes from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, this vacation rental house is the perfect spot for 6 guests seeking a memorable getaway!
Master Bedroom (Nene): King Bed | Bedroom 2 (Elepaio): Queen Bed | Bedroom 3 (Apapane): 2 Twin Beds | Living Room: Couches
Surrounded by lush plantings in a peaceful rainforest, ‘Hauoli Hale’ will quickly become your favorite escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Sit back on the private, furnished deck and take in the views of some of the largest Ohia trees on the island, as well as 30-foot tree ferns, beautiful plants and the frequent animals you may see strolling by.
Look forward to sipping your morning coffee on the wheelchair accessible wraparound deck, and spending your evenings soaking in the hot tub, which is shared with the other vacation rental units on the property.
Inside, tropical decor, comfortable furnishings and an open, bright layout truly reflects the name of this ‘Happy House.’ During your downtime, kick back on one of the blue, floral couches or chairs and watch a movie on the cable TV while staying warm by the electric fireplace.
Hardwood floors and numerous windows flow throughout the living room and into the open kitchen area, which features a charming dining table for 6 and another round table with a floral tablecloth, along with a kitchen, well-equipped with everything you’ll need to prepare delicious meals.
After each exciting day, rinse off in one of the 2 pristine bathrooms before heading to bed. Each of the bedrooms feature a heater and comfortable beds to rest your head. The master bedroom (Nene) has a king bed with an en suite, wheelchair-accessible bathroom, the second bedroom (Elepaio) has a queen bed, and the third bedroom (Apapane) has 2 twin beds, all guaranteeing a peaceful slumber.
This house is perfectly located for you to explore everything that the area has to offer! You’ll have no problem relaxing at the property, as you can sit back on the deck or hike along the trail in the backyard. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for native birds, feral pigs, numerous flowers, and fruit trees in the orchard.
Whenever you can pull yourself away from the tranquil property, you’ll find more natural beauty at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, just 10 minutes away. Check out the Halemaumau Crater, which has been ‘bubbling’ since 1952, and catch a magnificent view from the Thomas A. Jagger Museum overlooking the rim of the crater! Camping sites and hiking trails also abound in the park, including the Thurston Lava Tube and Namakanipaio Bird Park.
If you’re not in the mood for home cooking, drive just 7 minutes from the house to reach Volcano Village, where you’ll find 2 grocery stores, along with restaurants and cafes. In the village, you’ll also find a laundromat, in case you need to wash your clothes while on vacation.
Golfers and wine lovers alike will be happy to visit Volcano Golf Course and Winery, just 15 minutes from the property.
You can’t visit Hawaii without going to the beach! Pack your beach towels and beach toys and head 40 minutes to the Punaluu Black Sand Beach, where you’re sure to see green sea turtles basking in the sun. Once you’ve had your fill of beach time, head to Punaluu Bakery to enjoy lunch in several gazebos on your way to Kona.
If you’re up for a day trip, drive 45 minutes to Hilo, where you can visit museums, gardens, an observatory and waterfalls!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, furnished wraparound deck, electric fireplace, free WiFi, heaters in every room, cable TV, VHS player and video collection, hiking trail on property, hot tub (shared with the 2 other cottages on the property), carport parking and much more
- Great Volcano location in a beautiful rainforest - Easy access to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Volcano Village, Volcano Golf Course and Winery, Punaluu Black Sand Beach, and Hilo!
- Closest Commercial Airport: Hilo International Airport, 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, HI 96720, (~ 31.7 miles away)
- This home has been unaffected by the volcano eruption, as the magma is is flowing in the opposite direction of the home
- Lava activity in lower Puna is almost completely gone as it relates to Fissure 8
- The air quality may have higher levels of sulfur dioxide and small amounts of ash, but this should only impact you if you are extremely sensitive or have respiratory issues. Vog levels may have increased slightly, but are not considerably noticeable as this is an everyday part of island living
- Lava flows are a normal, ongoing occurrence on this island as The Big Island has 2 active volcanoes, Mauna Loa and Kilauea. Tourist activities are mainly planned around the lava flow/volcano through helicopter tours, hikes through the crater, boat tours to watch lava flow into the ocean, etc
- Please also note that Volcano National Park is closed indefinitely
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties or large gatherings permitted upon Homeowner approval (Contact Evolve for more information)
- Please note that there are other vacation rental units on the property and other travelers may be present during your stay
- Also note that the hot tub is shared with all 3 units on the property. Additionally, there is a pack 'n play that is shared with all 3 units on the property
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »