Coral Bayview is a spacious, luxury home overlooking Coral Harbor with breathtaking panoramic views of the boats in the harbor, the green undulating mountains of the east end, and the open Caribbean beyond. With an over sized kitchen, living/dining great room and laundry, guests can experience all that St. John has to offer then retreat to the privacy of your own home for dinner and drinks on the veranda as the sun sets over the Caribbean. Add the 1BR studio below to create a 3BR home!
Coral Bayview sits 100' above Coral Harbor off a paved street and enjoys magnificent 220 degree views from your private deck, especially sunrise and moon rises. Upon arrival, a welcome basket greets you and includes your choice of a bottle of California wine or a six pack of your favorite beer or 4 large bottles of sparkling water. Your first Caribbean continental breakfast is provided with our compliments and includes a loaf of freshly baked banana or mango coconut bread and freshly cut seasonal fruit . Coffee, tea, and condiments will be provided at no charge throughout your stay. East-West Catering adjoins the property and is often available for gourmet dinner room service for that romantic dinner served on your private deck. Ask to see her room service menu and always ask what the nightly special is once you arrive. And stay safely hydrated right from the tap in your room. The rainwater collected at Coral Bayview passes through three stages of sophisticated equipment. It is the cleanest, safest, purest water you will ever drink.
Both bedrooms have super quiet split A/C units with an additional ceiling fan. Each bedroom has a queen size bed with a pillow soft mattress cover and deluxe, soft, 500 count Pima cotton sheets and 4 deluxe soft king size pillows. A dresser, two night stands and closet complete the room. A hotel style safe in one of the bedrooms keeps your Passports and other valuables secure.
The bathroom has a large walk-in shower. Complimentary shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and bar soap are provided as are 4 sets of ultra-soft bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths.
A full size stacking washer and dryer are in the bathroom so you don't have to pack a lot of cloths.
The kitchen is very large and has all that you need to prepare your own meals including oven, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, toaster, coffee and tea pots, and all the china and cutlery you need.
The living room has a 55" flat screen TV, with Dish satellite TV with Showtime and Netflix. WiFi Internet is provided at no charge as are several multi-port charging stations. (guests must bring their own adapters and chargers).
The oversize wrap around deck is filled with seating to accommodate any mood. There is a teak table and chairs for outside dining, two hanging swings for morning coffee or reflection, and four captains chairs to gain a commanding view of the Caribbean. Just beyond the deck are oleander, palms, bouganvillia, agave, and tamarind which occasionally attract donkeys, goats, sheep, birds and iguanas so keep your camera handy.
BEACH AND HIKING GEAR
St. John IS paradise for active vacationers. And we provide everything you will need to maximize your enjoyment- Beach umbrella with sand screw, cooler with ice packs, flotation mat, beach towels, adjustable hiking poles, and beach chairs that double as backpacks to get you to those private beaches only accessible to adventurous hikers. We also supply you with numerous books and maps that offer clear, easy instructions on every beach, hike, and landmark on the island. Masks, snorkels and fins are available for rent at Crabby's Watersports; a one minute drive from the studio. We also have a tandem kayak for either daily or weekly rental available as seen in our picture gallery. And if you still have questions, our Property Managers will be happy to assist you.
Julie Van Pelt is an award winning Executive Chef and owner of East-West Catering and she lives next door! When her schedule allows, she can create an unforgettable room service event that may include fresh fish and local organic produce. Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free dishes are also available with the same creative excellence. A room service menu will be provided upon your arrival and don't forget to ask her if there are any daily specials not shown on the room service menu.
For a separate fee, our Property Managers will pick you up at the Cruz Bay ferry dock and deliver you to the door at Coral Bayview. In addition, a 4WD, 2 door Jeep Wrangler hardtop is available for rent and will be waiting for you at your door. Jeep must be reserved in advance when booking and is separate from Airbnb. Ask for details if interested.
You will have exclusive and private access to the home via the front porch with no steps to negotiate. Jack & Julie, the Property Managers live next door and are always available to assist you. He is already an Airbnb "Super Host" and is also the best auto mechanic on the island which is a massive benefit if you lock your keys in your Jeep or get a flat tire. The home offers complete privacy and the Property Managers will only interact with you at your request.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
As 19 year residents, Julie & Jack, would be delighted to give you their recommendations to their favorite (and secret) beaches, snorkeling spots, hiking trails, restaurants, shopping and other professional services such as in-room massage and boat excursions. Finally, we respect your privacy while at Coral Bayview, and hope to make your visit to St. John and your stay with us memorable. There is a guest book where you can read what previous guest have enjoyed the most about St. John with some don't miss recommendations. We encourage you to read the guest book on your arrival to get some ideas of what to do during your stay. Julie has also created an information binder that has several brochures for things to do as well as hiking guides.
Other things to note
HOUSE RULES & NOTES FOR CORAL BAYVIEW:
- SMOKERS AND VAPORS ARE NOT WELCOME TO BOOK AT CORAL BAYVIEW. Please understand that this does not just mean that you can not smoke OR vape anywhere on the property, inside the studio or in our rental vehicle. If you are smokers or vapors WE WILL CONTACT VRBO AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE. Additionally DO NOT invite any guests to visit you while staying at Coral Bayview that are smokers or vapors and without express permission. We are completely serious about this issue so please be honest with us and look elsewhere for accommodations if you are smokers or vapors. We are committed to keeping our Coral Bayview pristine and a nicotine free space for those that enjoy a clean unpolluted environment.
- Check–In is 3:00 pm and Check-Out is 11:00 am. If early check–in and/or late check-out is requested & available, a fee may apply.
- Please plan to arrive in Coral Bay no later than 8:00 pm. If you are arriving after 8:00 pm, please contact us in advance to make arrangements.
- Please help us conserve water! Everyone on St. John gets all of their water from rainfall collected from the roof so we ask that you be conservative with your water usage. Our water, unlike most other rentals, is treated by dual filtration and ultra violet light to kill any bacteria or micro organisms and is some of the purest water and perfectly safe to drink.
- Please conserve electricity! Electricity in the Virgin Islands is several times what it costs in the States. Please be mindful of electricity use: and turn off all lights, fans, fountains and A/C when not in use or when you leave. Your conservation allows us to offer you such reasonable rates.
- 2 large folding luggage racks are provided in your walk in closet. All luggage must be placed on these racks. Never on dresser or bed.
- Do not leave any food out in the open either on the deck or inside. Place all open, non-refrigerated items in the Ziploc bags provided and any refrigerated items in the mini fridge.
-A fully functioning kitchen is provided for your cooking convenience, and you have a large shared grill on the outside deck.
- We provide you with a covered plastic trash bin on the entry porch. Please tie up your trash bags provided and place them in the bin making sure the lid is secure. We will dispose of your trash for you daily.
- Please hose off all beach and sandy gear in the driveway. Sand is a very precious natural resource and should be left on the beach. There is a hose provided off the entry porch for your use to wash your beach chairs, feet and any sandy gear. Please hang up your beach towels and swimwear on the clothes line provided.
- We provide 8 large plush beach towels. Do not take the white bath towels to the beach.
- We urge you to make use of the St. John guide books provided, but please do not take them out onto the beach or on the water with you.
- ABSOLUTELY nothing in toilet but toilet paper. No feminine hygiene products or any other paper items or foreign objects that you haven't already eaten.
- ABSOLUTELY nothing down the bathroom sink as well. Same system as above.
-While you will enjoy total privacy, your hosts also live in the building so we ask that you be considerate and keep the noise levels down. NO parties are allowed. If you want to get wild and loud please visit one of St. John's nightspots.
- A maximum of 6 quests are allowed on the property in addition to registered guests up to 10:00 pm.
- You have one designated parking space. If you have guests, no more than two additional vehicles are allowed on the property. One can park in back of your parking space and the other against the concrete wall not blocking the driveway entrance. No other vehicles are allowed on the property or parked on the street.Get the full listing »