St. John »
5 ★★★★★ LUXURY AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. Quiet, deluxe private entry studio with A/C, king size bed & kitchenette. Just a 5 minute walk to restaurants, grocery stores, shopping & water sports rentals. 220 degree panoramic views of Coral Bay & over 100 boats from your wrap around covered porch just 100 feet above the bay. Paved road & driveway. Jeep Wrangler 4WD for rent from your hosts at only $60.00/day when available. See picture & contact host for details. Race, religion, and LGBTQ friendly. (Scroll Down For Further Details)
The entrance to Coral Bayside is located down a private, exterior staircase with only 12 steps with a handrail and solar lights. Coral Bayside is located only 100 feet above Coral Bay and your wraparound deck commands incredible 220 degree views of dozens of boats anchored just below you. Your complimentary Welcome Basket includes Two-1 liter bottles of Le Bleu water, coffee, tea, sugar in the raw/splenda, milk, homemade mango-coconut or banana bread, and fresh tropical fruit for your first breakfast. After that you will need to provide your own breakfast but we will provide you with coffee and tea throughout your stay with us. Julie is a professional chef with her own catering company on the island for 19 years.. Once you are booked, she can email you the menu. Additionally, she does an almost daily Room Service Special which she will text on the morning of. She specializes in Pacific-Rim-Caribbean Fusion, but also excels in Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free cuisine. Let her know of any dietary restrictions. Please note that the water at Coral Bayside is collected from rainwater that is treated with a dual filtration system then ultra violet light for maximum purification. Unlike most rentals, our water is perfectly safe to drink. Scroll down to see separate ROOM SERVICE section below. We also provide 2 yoga mats should you like to practice during your stay. We can also recommend some awesome massage therapists that will come to the studio for a relaxing massage. (Scroll Down)
The studio has a whisper-quiet split air conditioner with remote. Or, for those who prefer a more natural experience, the room has 2 sliding glass doors with screens, 2 screened windows and a ceiling fan. It is furnished with a king size bed with a Deluxe Seely Posturpedic mattress covered with a pillow soft mattress cover and super soft 500 count Pima cotton sheets (extra set furnished for self-service mid-week change) and 4 deluxe soft king size down pillows. It also has a 5’ lighted slate and copper waterfall inside the studio that's on a timer so you can fall asleep listening to the gentle sounds of the water fall. For those who like to sleep late, your studio is equipped with light reducing mini blinds. Laundry wash, dry and fold service is available at $20 per load. (Scroll Down)
The spacious bathroom has a large walk-in shower with a bay view from the window. Complimentary Aussie Moist Shampoo, Conditioner and Aloe liquid body wash and bar soap provided as are 4 sets of ultra-soft bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths. (Scroll Down)
The kitchenette is equipped with 2 mini fridges with 2 ice trays, microwave, toaster oven, coffee brewer with filter and mugs, electric tea kettle, wine glasses and opener, ceramic plates and bowls, real forks, knives, and spoons for 2, linen–like paper napkins, plastic cups, cutting board with sharp knife, and paper towels/sponge/dish liquid & 3 white kitchen towels.
There is a swivel wall-mounted 40” Samsung flat screen HD TV with Dish satellite TV includes music channels and Netflix. The laptop work space desk has a dedicated multiple outlet charging station shelf for your devices (Guest must bring their own chargers). High-speed satellite internet services provided at no additional charge. (Login and Password Provided At Check In).
Your private wraparound porch is cool and breezy and furnished with large, luxuriously cushioned wicker lounge chairs with matching ottomans and decorative stone table custom-made on St. John with etched map of St. John. For your dining pleasure, a wrought iron bistro table for 2 and cushioned chairs are provided. You will also find a clothes line with clothes pins and a free standing drying rack to hang your beach towels and swim suits to dry.
We provide beach chairs, beach umbrella with sand screw, soft-sided shoulder cooler with re-usable frozen ice pack (located in the freezer of your mini fridge), flotation mat and 4 plush oversize beach towels. For those adventurers that like to hike we have a back packs that can also be used for day hikes and beaching as well. We provide free snorkel gear and have a fully kitted double kayak for daily rental with racks that fit our rental vehicles. We also provide a large canvas beach bag to hold all your beach towels and gear.
Coral Bayside is unique in that it is the only rental available on St. John where your host, Julie Van Pelt, the executive chef and owner of East West Catering (19 years on St. John) offers a room service menu for guests of Coral Bayside when available. Once you've booked with us, the menu can be provided. A copy of the menu is also included in our very informative information binder in your studio featuring delicious cuisine in the East West style featuring fresh local fish and local, organic produce. Julie is also committed to vegetarians & vegans as well as those who are gluten-free or have food allergies. Enjoy stars and moonlight on your private deck at Coral Bayside with dinner by St. John's premier caterer delivered to your door freshly prepared and ready to eat.
HOUSE RULES & NOTES FOR CORAL BAYSIDE:
- SMOKERS AND VAPERS ARE NOT WELCOME TO BOOK AT CORAL BAYSIDE. Please understand that this does not just mean that you can not smoke or vape anywhere on the property, inside the studio or in our rental vehicle. If you are smokers or vapers WE WILL CONTACT VRBO AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY without warning or notice. Additionally, DO NOT invite any guests to visit you while staying at Coral Bayside studio that are smokers or vapers. We are completely serious about this issue so please be honest with us and look elsewhere for accommodations if you are smokers or vapers. We are committed to keeping our Coral Bayside studio pristine (IT HAS NEVER BEEN SMOKED IN) and a nicotine free space for those that enjoy a clean unpolluted environment.
NO ESSENTIAL OILS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED INSIDE THE STUDIO OR IN OUR RENTAL JEEPS.
- Check–In is 3:00 pm and Check-Out is 11:00 am. If early check–in and/or late check-out is requested & available, a fee may apply.
- Please plan to arrive in Coral Bay no later than 8:00 pm. If you are arriving after 8:00 pm, please contact us in advance to make arrangements.
- Please help us conserve water! Everyone on St. John gets all of their water from rainfall collected from the roof in large tanks under the house so we ask that you be conservative with your water usage. Our water, unlike most other rentals, is treated by dual filtration and ultra violet light to kill any bacteria and is perfectly safe to drink.
- Please conserve electricity! Electricity in the Virgin Islands is several times what it costs in the States. Please be mindful of electricity use: turn off all lights, fans, fountains and A/C when not in the studio. Your conservation allows us to offer you such reasonable rates.
- 2 large folding luggage racks are provided in your walk in closet. All luggage must be placed on these racks. Never on dresser, bed or floor.
- Please do not leave any food out in the open either on the deck or in the studio. Place all open, non-refrigerated items in the ziplock bags provided and any refrigerated items in one of the two mini fridges.
-We provide a microwave and toaster oven in your kitchenette but we do not allow ANY open flame or electric electric cooking devices to be used inside the studio. We do provide a table top gas grill and grill utensils outside Coral Bayside studio for your grilling pleasure upon request.
- We provide you with a covered plastic trash bin. Please tie up your trash bags provided and place them in the covered bin making sure the lid is secure. We will dispose of your trash for you daily once you bring the full bin to the top of your stairs.
- Please hose off all beach and sandy gear at the top of your stairs. Sand is a very precious natural resource and should be left on the beach. There is a hose provided at the top of your stairs for your use to wash your beach chairs, feet and any sandy gear. Please hang up your beach towels and swimwear on the clothes line down stairs or drying rack provided.
- We provide 4 large plush beach towels. Do not take the white bath towels to the beach.
- We urge you to make use of the St. John guide books provided, but please do not take them out onto the beach or on the water with you.
- ABSOLUTELY nothing in toilet but toilet paper. No feminine hygiene products or any other paper items or foreign objects. There is no municipal sewage systems here on St. John to flush into. Instead every home has a self contained sewage treatment system. These systems are eco friendly and very sensitive and do not tolerate anything but waste and toilet paper or they will malfunction and back up. Trust us, not something you ever want to experience.
- ABSOLUTELY nothing down the bathroom sink as well. Same system as above.
-While you will enjoy total privacy on your own deck your hosts also live in the building so we ask that you be considerate and keep the noise levels down. If you want to get wild and loud please visit one of St. John's nightspots.
And finally, if you are wanting free doGet the full listing »