Enjoy a one-of-a-kind pastoral getaway at ‘High Country Cabin’ - a rustic 2-bedroom, 2-bath vacation rental in Vilas set right along Cove Creek! Bring your family of 6 for days spent sitting out on the front porch while mountains loom in the distance, whipping up barbecues in view of the countryside, stargazing with a mug of hot cocoa, and playing a few games of Foosball! Just a short drive from the cabin, you’ll find Boone, Blowing Rock, the Blue Ridge Mountains, and more!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Game Room: Twin-over-Twin Bunk Bed | Additional Sleeping: 2 Queen Air Mattresses
Nestled along the charming and winding Cove Creek, this red log cabin is a unique, rustic place to spend vacation. End the day with stargazing out on the deck, and then bring your coffee back outside come morning to watch the cows, horses, and donkeys roam nearby. No matter where you are, mountain and countryside views will always provide a beautiful backdrop to your Vilas getaway.
Inside the 1,750-square foot, all-wood interior, cozy furnishings frame the large flat-screen Roku TV, while the fully equipped kitchen and dining area have been recently renovated for your convenience! Return from all of your adventures to cozy up on the ample seating arrangement, and unwind using the Smart TV to stream the latest movies or grab a board game just to unplug. When hunger strikes, bring your steaks in from the grill and gather around for a home-cooked meal featuring great food and better conversation!
Come nighttime, sink into the sumptuous bedding after a long day on the slopes, or a full day of hiking among the many trails the Blue Ridge Mountains have to offer. 'High Country Cabin' comfortably sleeps 6, with 2 full bedrooms and a bunk bed in the game room.
-- THE LOCATION --
Boone is just a short 10-mile drive away, so treat yourself to a fabulous dinner at one of the many restaurants in downtown, including Boone Saloon, Melanie's, Wild Craft Eatery, Our Daily Bread, Proper, or Lost Province Brewing Co. Afterwards, hit the shops to pick out a memorable souvenir.
In the winter, hit the powder at nearby Appalachian Ski Mountain just 15 miles away! Alternatively, summer brings endless hiking and mountain biking adventures, as this home sits within an hour of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Cherokee National Forest!
Downtown Blowing Rock is a short 18-mile drive and offers shopping, fabulous restaurants, and tourist attractions that will keep everyone entertained. Check out antique shows, concerts, and summer and winter festivals to get to know the local Blowing Rock culture.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, flat-screen TV with Roku, free WiFi, air conditioning, central heating, in-unit washer & dryer, Jacuzzi tub, Foosball table, linens & towels, furnished deck, gas grill, 2-car garage, 3-car driveway, and more!
- Secluded Vilas location! Just 10 miles to Boone, 18 miles to Blowing Rock, 15 miles to Appalachian Ski Mountain, and near all the outdoor adventures available in the North Carolina mountains!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Tri-Cities Airport (~ 63.5 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note this home might not be suitable for the mobility impaired as there are a set of steps necessary to gain access to the property
- There are 2 queen air mattresses available for extra sleeping, making the maximum occupancy flexible up to 10 guests
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »