Welcome to Amy's nest in Saigon! A charming and cozy one-bedroom apartment in a historical 130 year-old building right in the heart of city centre with walking distance to Ben Thanh Market, Bitexco Financial Tower, Sai Gon Riverside and Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street. Ideal for travelers who crave for the local life exploration from both modern and traditional view. Very close to coffee shops, local restaurants, bars, pubs, shopping malls, cinema, convenient store 24/7 and sightseeing.
Amy’s nest in Saigon:
- Walking distance to Ben Thanh Market, Bitexco Financial Tower, Saigon Riverside, Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street
- Walking distance to many local restaurants, shops, bars, pubs, convenient stores 24/7
- In the same building with many coffee shops, bars and retail shops
- A spectacular spacious balcony that overlooks colonial Banque de l’Indochine Building which is now the State Bank of Vietnam and Saigon River
- 60 square meter / 645 square feet apartment
- 1 bedroom
- 1 living room with sofa-bed for 2 adults
- 1 kitchen
- 1 bathroom
- WiFi throughout the apartment and cable TV
- Complimentary: water, ice, coffee and tea
The building was built in 1886 (during French colonial empire) by Brossard et Maupin, same company which built Ben Thanh market later in 1912. It’s only a few steps away from Saigon Stock Exchange (so you know that you are in the safest area!), opposite another historical building now as State Bank of Vietnam and a few more interesting architectural offerings. You can enjoy a super short walk to Ben Thanh Canal, Saigon Riverside or the fascinating Nguyen Hue walking street where is also the “silk area” for food and shopping. On the staircase up, you can see the Bitexco Financial Tower (which by the way a few minutes walking away), the latest modern symbol of Saigon through the un-glassed big opening windows. Due to the old building structure, there are spaces between apartments' walls and on the roof which have become a perfect nest for our friends who have wings. You'll get to hear the bird chirping.
Our charming nest is located on the 4fl floor which is the top floor of the building. Without a lift, your effort of climbing up will be paid off by a fascinating view overlooking colonial Banque de l’Indochine Building – now the State Bank of Vietnam and the blue sky of Saigon through glazed wall and door connected with a big balcony. There is a kitchenette where can you prepare small meals and breakfast. A cozy living room with cable TV and comfortable sofa-bed for two. Feel free to dig in latest magazines, books and guide books. If you travel for business, rest assure that you can work away from home, wherever your home is. There is one bathroom with essential toiletries kit. The double bamboo bed on mezzanine level will help you dream away the hours with Egyptian cotton bedding. Feel the unchanged atmosphere of Saigon right in the constant cycle of changes from our big balcony, rather with either a cold beer or a hot cup of purely Vietnam strong coffee.
Building entrance is accessible 24/7 without any curfew. There is a motorbike parking with low fee at the gate entrance available from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. You have access to the entire apartment.
The kitchenette is adequate for small meals and breakfasts. There are a few choices of coffee and tea in the cabinet.
Essential bathroom amenities (shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste and toothbrush) as well as towels are provided. No need to carry your own hairdryer, iron and international adapter as you can find them in our apartment.
Cable TV is in the living room. WiFi is strong throughout the apartment. There's a guitar for music lovers.
For those who travel long days, no need to bring many spare clothes as you can use our washing machine and dryer.
Interaction with guests:
We will greet you upon arrival, give you the keys and show you around the apartment. We work and live about 20 minutes away so feel free to call us or drop a message if you need anything.
We will share with you the local places to visit, eat and hang out. We can also recommend good tours with reasonable cost.
If you need pre-paid SIM cards upon arrival, please do let us know in advance.
In the heart of the Financial District, opposite State Bank of Vietnam, a few steps away from Saigon Stock Exchange, this is a safe area in town.
Our apartment is surprisingly convenient in term of “Location, location, location”:
- Right in the building, there are a plenty choices of vintage coffee shops, bars and fashion shops.
- Motorbike parking is at the entrance gate available from 6 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 1 minute walking to Saigon Riverside and 5 minutes walking to Nguyen Hue walking street where you can find the best restaurants / dining rooms and shopping in town. Within walking distance to Ben Thanh Market, Bitexco Financial Tower.
- Very close to many local restaurants, shops, bars, pubs, convenience stores 24/7.
- Very close to sightseeing and points of interest such as: Saigon Opera House, Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, Saigon Post Office, Fine Arts Museum, War Museum, Bitexco Financial Tower - Sky Deck, Ben Thanh Market, Bui Vien - backpacker street etc.
Although motorbikes are very popular in Vietnam, we do not recommend you renting one unless you have tried this so many times in Vietnam. Taxi is very easy to catch downstairs. Uber/Grab is highly recommended. Our apartment is right in the city center, very close to restaurants, bars, shops, convenience stores and some sightseeing such as Reunification Palace, Saigon Post Office, Opera House, Ben Thanh Market etc. so you can save lots of money and time in transportation.
Other things to note:
As there is no lift that can survive two wars, please do let us know if you have many luggage / suitcases before arrival. We will arrange a helper to carry them.Get the full listing »