(Calendar now open for 2018)
Holiday Cottages for Groups of Families and Friends. Plas Blaenddol cottages sleep 4-19 (up to 22 with additional fold-up beds) in 3 houses, 2-8 bedrooms:
- Old Bell House sleeps 10 (11 with fold-up bed), west wing of the original manor house with large kitchen/dining area for up to 20, lounge and bathrooms
- Lake House sleeps 5, south-west wing of the manor house, lounge, kitchen and bathrooms
- The Lodge sleeps 4 (6 with day-bed), the original cosy gatehouse to the estate, lounge, kitchen and bathrooms
This handsome estate has it all: 250 year old manor house accommodation and Lodge with well-equipped comfort, hot tub (with Old Bell House), traditional features and set in 9 acres of developed gardens with a small lake and river-side SSSI woodland. From this fabulous position at the head of the picturesque Vale of Ffestiniog, you can enjoy the best activities, mountain biking and beaches Snowdonia has to offer or relax with a drink on the terrace and appreciate the mountain views! Perfect for family/friend celebrations in a tranquil and beautiful setting.
Old Bell House features a kitchen and dining for up to 20 and outside private hot tub. Old Bell House and Lake House form the west-wing of the original Manor House. The Lodge is 100m along the driveway. All houses feature:
- Lounges with wood burning stoves, dining areas, well equipped kitchens
- Comfortable bedrooms, nearly all with views, and at least 2-3 bathrooms
- Large proportions with ample space to spread out and relax
- Access to outside games room with table tennis, pool and secure bike storage
- Traditional features of 250 year-old stone-built houses
- Cots (travel) and highchairs available
Perfectly located to access exciting group activities: Zip-World, Bounce Below, some of the UK's best mountain-biking and the world famous Ffestiniog steam railway are just 5-10 minutes away. 15 minutes away is Portmeiron and the stunning sandy beaches of Harlech and Borth y Gest, as well as the world famous Coed y Brenin mountain biking and trail centre. Also nearby are beautiful hiking trails, historic castles, rock climbing, white-water rafting and the new Surf Snowdonia.
Idyllic and secluded, but not remote - just a 5 minute stroll brings you to the village of Llan Ffestiniog, with local walks such as the amazing Rhaedr falls, a small grocery store and pub with a warm welcome, local ales and food.
For those seeking relaxation, stroll around the grounds, try fishing along the beautiful Tiegl river, or in the evening soak in the hot tub and admire the spectacle of millions of stars (Snowdonia recently awarded rare 'Dark Sky' status). Alternatively you can just relax in front of the fire with a book, call the place ‘home’, and not leave for your entire holiday!
As with many properties in Snowdonia, there is open water nearby, specifically a small lake and stream within the estate and a river at the end of a woodland area. Please ensure children are properly supervised.
Owners live on site, so on hand if needed.
For the benefit of all guests: Sorry, no pets. We cannot host stag or hen weekends.Get the full listing »