Shalimar is a superb holiday house in an idyllic location next to Anagach Woods yet only a short walk to Grantown's shops, pubs and restaurants. From the end of the drive, you are also just a short walk or cycle through the woods to the River Spey. It is ideal for dog-walking!
Shalimar is a fabulous, traditional house in a wonderful setting. We have extensively refurbished it for real comfort and modern day living while retaining its original features and character.
Shalimar has been furnished to a very high standard and can accommodate 8 guests more than comfortably. It is ideal for families and extended families with plenty of room for everyone; children and dogs are welcome.
Free Fibre WiFi is available; welcome pack, heating, bed linen & towels are included; cot and high chair are provided.
Shalimar is available to let all year round and is warm and comfortable even in extreme Grantown winters!
• Living Room - this is a lovely family room with large corner sofa, separate armchair and footstool, oak coffee table, flat screen TV with Free Sat & DVD.
• Kitchen / Diner - the kitchen is fully equipped for a wonderful self catering holiday: Neff double oven, built-in microwave & induction hob; large fridge/freezer; island with breakfast bar, double sink & built-in dishwasher.
• There is plenty of crockery, cutlery & glasses, a good range of saucepans & cooking utensils.
• Utility cupboard with washer / drier.
• The entrance hall, kitchen / diner and sunroom all have top quality, natural oak floor.
• Sunroom - this is a really relaxing room from which to enjoy the superb views of the woods whatever the weather; it is light and airy with a vaulted ceiling; double doors opening on to the patio.
• Snug - this is an extra living room (or children's play room) with sofas, bean bags, flat screen TV with DVD & Wii.
• Downstairs shower room with large shower, WC & basin with mirror and heated towel rail.
• There is a good selection of DVDs, books and family games for you to enjoy during your stay.
• The vestibule has plenty of hooks for your coats and a boot rack.
• A good night's sleep is priceless, especially on holiday, and all of the bedrooms have comfortable divan beds with pocket sprung mattresses and padded headboards; the duvets and pillows are warm, comfortable and hypo allergenic.
• The master bedroom is a superb, large room with dual-aspect; there is a king-size double bed, large wardrobe and a chest of drawers with mirror; a hair dryer & clock radio are provided for your enjoyment.
• The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room with large shower cubicle, WC & basin, with vanity unit & large mirror; there is a heated towel rail and under-tile heating to keep your feet warm.
• The family bedroom is another large room with dual-aspect; we have arranged the bedroom with 3 single beds for the most flexible accommodation to suit your family's needs. There is a chest of drawers, built-in shelves and wardrobe.
• The twin bedroom contains 2 single beds, a chest of drawers and wardrobe.
•The single bedroom contains a single bed and chest of drawers.
• The family bathroom has a walk-in shower cubicle, extra large bath for a fantastic soak after a busy day's activities; WC, basin with vanity unit & large mirror; there is a heated towel rail and under-tile heating to keep your feet warm.
• The approach to Shalimar is down a lovely private driveway.
• There is ample space for parking.
• The garage is the perfect place to store your equipment during your stay. There is plenty of room for all your bikes, canoes, skis, golf clubs, fishing rods etc.
• There is a BBQ, parasol & seat cushions for the outdoor chairs in the garage.
• The large patio deck is a wonderful area to enjoy the views to the woods. It is a real sun trap and the perfect place for a summer BBQ or glass of wine. The patio is enclosed by a balustrade and gates making it safe for children and pets.
• From the patio, there are gates and steps to the lower turfed garden.
We have equipped Shalimar so that it is a really practical yet comfortable home for you to enjoy during your holiday. Here are some of the facilities and amenities on offer:
• There are wood-burning stoves in the Living Room and Kitchen / Diner. There is a supply of logs in the covered log store next to the garage.
• The Living Room and Snug both have flat screen TVs with FreeSat channels & DVD players.
• Fibre WiFi is available free of charge so you can keep in touch with the office or friends and family while enjoying your holiday.
• There is a Wii console in the Snug to keep you or your children amused.
• There is a good selection of books, DVDs, family games.
• We take your safety seriously and provide a fire extinguisher and fire blanket in the kitchen; the wood-burning stoves have fireguards; we also provide socket covers.Get the full listing »