Awelfryn is a charming three-bedroom cottage in New Quay, recently renovated to a high standard but retaining many original features.
Being in the centre of the village it is an ideal location for a family seaside holiday, only a five-minute walk away from the picturesque harbour, the fabulous sandy beaches, the shops, pubs and restaurants.
The level garden at the rear of the property is south facing, backing on to a quiet access lane and overlooks playing fields and a children’s play area.
A wonderful place to relax in the evening and catch the last of the sun after a day on the beach. There is off road parking for one car. New Quay, the ‘jewel of Ceredigion’, is famous for its resident bottlenose dolphins which can be seen regularly from the shore.
Dolphin watching trips are available. Fishing trips and a wide range of water sports are also on offer in the village.
The property is close to the Ceredigion Coastal Path where you can experience spectacular walks and view the coastal wildlife including, porpoises, seals and an amazing bird colony.
Awelfryn sleeps 6 + baby in 3 upstairs bedrooms: 1 double, 1 family room and 1 single room
UPSTAIRS Bedroom 1: Double bed, Bedroom 2: Double bed and a single bed Bedroom 3: Single bed Bathroom: bath with shower over, WC, wash hand basin and heated towel rail Attic: Children’s games room. Xbox, games, bean bags, books
DOWNSTAIRS Sitting room: 3 seater sofa, armchair, Freeview TV/DVD, DVD’s, log burner Living room/dining room: table seating 6 -8, 3 seater sofa, armchair, TV, French windows to patio Kitchen: electric hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine Downstairs cloakroom: WC & wash hand basin.
Small enclosed south facing rear garden, level and partly lawned which backs on to a quiet access lane, playing fields and playground suitable for children all ages. Patio area with garden furniture. Washing line. The shed contains a tumble dryer and an extra freezer. There is off road parking for one car. There are car parking facilities nearby.
• Bed linen and towels provided
• Please bring your own beach towels
• Travel cot available, please bring your own cot bedding
• Oil central heating
• Heating and electricity included
• Log burner
• Free WiFi
• Sorry, no pets
• No smoking
• There is an hourly bus service that runs through New Quay from Aberystwyth to Cardigan and links to Carmarthen. There are two local taxi companies
• Mobile phone reception can sometimes be a bit temperamental, however reception is usually found by the windows downstairs, but no problems usually in the upstairs of the house
• There is free Wi-Fi throughout the house for guests to use
• There are two grocery shops in the village, the closest of which is a 2 minute walk from the house. There is a butcher at the bottom of the village a post office and a deli.
• There is a small bus, the Cardi Bach service which provides a link between the towns and villages along the south Ceredigion coast. This is excellent for walkers who want to explore the stunning scenery and wildlife, they can take a ‘one way’ journey on the bus and return along the Coast path.
Arrival and car parking:
• There is a private, off-road parking space allocated for guests to use, which is a 30 foot walk from the back door of the house, at the bottom of the garden.
• The garden is on a flat, even surface, with a small concrete footpath splitting the lawn into two sections.
• There is one small step into the house from the front and back doors, the ground floor is all on one level. The downstairs flooring is laminate apart from the sitting room which has carpet and the back-entrance hall has quarry tiles.
• The sitting has a wood burner and a fire guard is available if needed. The sitting room and living/dining room both have TV’s with remote controls
• The stairs and landing are carpeted, there is a half landing which leads to the bathroom and back double bedroom.
• Bathroom has a laminate floor. There is an over the bath shower.
• Bedroom 1 is carpeted, has a large built in wardrobe and a chest of drawers. There is room for a cot
• Bedroom 2 is carpeted with a very large built in wardrobe, chest of drawers, a double bed, a single bed and room for a cot.
• Bedroom 3 has a varnished wood floor, a single bed and a chest of drawers.
• Access to the attic, the children’s games room, is through a door and up steep carpeted stairs. Very young children should be supervised if using these stairs. With its exposed beams, headroom in the attic is limited, perfect for older children on a rainy day. There is wooden flooring, bean bags, X box, games and books.
• The garden is an enclosed space at the rear and is child friendly.
• There are benches and a table in the garden for outside seating/dining.
• In the shed, there is a tumble dryer and an extra freezer
• There is a children’s park, football field and tennis court located across the road from the back of the house. For use of the tennis court, guests need to book in the football club, located 2-minute walk from the house.Get the full listing »