Tremorna is a beautiful, ancient fisherman's cottage perched above Helford Creek, with its own secluded garden and private water frontage. It is superbly positioned with wonderful views from almost every room down the Helford estuary.
It sits in the centre of the village, yards from shop and pub, yet has a hidden terraced garden with a large private water frontage with steps down to a private quay, accessible by boat at high tide, and with direct access to the shore. The garden is accessed through a gate a few steps across the lane in front of the cottage, and is a lovely secret spot to watch the ever-changing panorama of the river estuary, with a summer house an easy-facing terrace overlooking the creek – perfect for sunny breakfasts.
The cottage has three double bedrooms, one of which has a double bed, the other two singles each. Downstairs there is a kitchen and a spacious sitting room with a glorious open fire and thick cob walls.
Tremorna has a great air of peace and calm about it. It has been a holiday home for our family for five decades. We welcome guests who appreciate a cottage of great character in a stunning and totally unspoilt location, with access to one of Europe's most ecologically rich and beautiful estuaries.
We invite you to explore the Helford River, all its remote creeks, coves, woods and cliffs.
- Sleeps 6 in one double and two twin bedrooms (one of which has beds which can be linked into a double).
- Beds are made up with 100% cotton bed linen for guests' arrival.
- Large drum washing machine/dryer, TV, wifi and microwave.
- Off-lane parking for two cars.
- Large garden with beach access, summer house and terrace overlooking creek.
- Garden offers bench, table and chairs plus trees and lawn with steps to quay and beach.
- Sizable kitchen with dining area, plus spacious sitting room with open fire.
- Used by current owners, children and grandchildren as holiday home for 50 years.
- Mooring available subject to agreement.
Tremorna is superbly placed for walking and boating around the Helford River. With its water frontage and views, it is in one of the most desirable locations in the whole of the village of Helford.
The Helford River itself is a magical and totally unspoiled location for sailing, boating, walking, swimming and general outdoor relaxation.
The famous gardens of Trebah and Glendurgan are a short ferry ride away, and sand and shingle beaches, woods and cliffs are minutes away by footpath or boat. The whole of the glorious Lizard peninsula lies within about 20 minutes' car journey.Get the full listing »