Oozing with character, charming Mundles is a cosy 18th C holiday
cottage. From the moment you open the door you’ll fall in love with the
place! Picture this… exposed beams, wood burning stove, inglenook
fireplace and beamed ceilings, add to the mix, large comfortable sofas
and beds, traditional kitchen with belfast sink and a lovely
mediterranean style courtyard with terracotta pots planted with olive
and bay trees - a lovely safe play spot for children and a great place
to relax with a coffee and a book.
The cottage is over 2 floors; there’s a TV with Freeview, DVD and CD
radio with bluetooth and dining table and chairs and kitchen with a
dishwasher. Upstairs the 2 bedrooms are perfect for a couple with a
child, pretty and cottagey with lovely furnishings and iron frame beds.
(Some restricted headroom in places).
The cottage is in the village of Whittingham which sits on the banks of
the River Aln at the foot of the Cheviot Hills. An area of gentle
rolling hills, often referred to as the Vale of Whittingham and the
gateway to the Cheviots. The perfect location for exploring the
Northumberland National Park or taking a trip across to the Heritage
coastline. Walkers and cyclists will love the diverse selection of
paths and trails starting from the front door.
• Sleeps: 3
• Bedrooms: 2
• Beds: 1 x double, 1 x single
• Bed linen and towels: Duvets with linen and towels
• Bathrooms: 1 x bath, shower cubicle with electric power shower and WC
• Accessibility: Accommodation is over 2 floors
• Kitchen and utilities: Kitchen with electric cooker, fridge, freezer,
dishwasher and microwave. Door leading out to enclosed patio garden.
Outbuilding with washing machine, tumble dryer and storage for bikes.
• Facilities for families: Sorry no cot or highchair available
• Outside: Enclosed garden with patio, furniture and barbecue
• Pets: 2 small dogs welcome @ £15 per pet per week.
• Parking: Roadside parking
• Nearest amenities: Shops/PO/pubs/restaurants/TIC in Alnwick, Rothbury
• Countryside property: National Park
• Changeover time: Saturday
• General: Wi-Fi connection available. Electricity and gas central
heating. Starter logs for stove provided.
• Cottage Availability: Short breaks available, minimum three nights
• Grading: 4 star
• Important note: No smoking.
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage
Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you
in good time before your holiday with further details and to take
Pets information: Pets are allowed at this property by prior
arrangement only. Extra charge may be payable (from £15 to £30 per pet
per week). Please contact the holiday cottage agency directly after
booking to arrangeGet the full listing »