Set in the countryside, just a short distance from the spectacular Cornish coastline Carter's Croft is the perfect location for a relaxing break.
The beautifully restored granite cottage is surrounded by sub-tropical gardens and is ideally situated for exploring the far South West, including St Michael's Mount, the Minack Theatre, St Ives, Land's End and Poldark country.
With its museums, art galleries, gardens and restaurants, there's something for everyone in this part of Cornwall.
Carter's Croft is part of Middle Colenso Farm which consists of the main farmhouse, which is our home, and three boutique holiday cottages. There has been a farm on the site since Elizabethan times although the current buildings date back to the 18th century.
We have recently restored Carter's Croft using traditional building techniques and have furnished it with everything you need for a memorable self-catering holiday.
Classic mid-century furniture as well as natural materials such as slate, wood and linen create a modern rustic ambiance.
The cottage is set in sub-tropical grounds and has its own, private Mediterranean-style courtyard. You will also have access to our communal boules court and gazebo shared with other guests. We provide boules and other outdoor games.
We have an onsite Pilates and fitness studio and you can book a private session with me (Christen) during your stay subject to my availability.
* Open plan living-room with a fully-equipped kitchen and dining area, TV, DVD player, wireless speaker and wood-burner
* Handmade wooden kitchen with induction hob, electric oven, fridge, wash/drier and dishwasher, toaster
*Bedroom 1 with double bed
*Bedroom 2 with twin beds
*Bathroom with bath, fitted shower, WC and wash-basin
*Private courtyard with barbecue and outdoor dining furniture as well as teak sun loungers
* In addition to your own cottage, guests have access to a communal boules court and gazebo
*Plenty of onsite parking
*You may also book in for a lesson at our onsite personal training and Pilates studio.
*Outdoor shower - perfect for sandy feet and wetsuits
*Cream tea on arrival with homemade jam and scones
*Travel cot and high chair available on request at no additional cost
*If you're planning a day at the beach you're welcome to borrow our bodyboards and beach games.
Our other cottages, The Old Granary (sleeping 6) and Smugglers Lane (sleeping 2) are close by and are also available to book via HomeAway. Each cottage is completely private and has its own outdoor space.
Carter's Croft is ideally placed for exploring the South West of Cornwall and beyond. It enjoys a secluded, rural location half way between Penzance and Helston, just a few minutes drive from Prussia Cove, Marazion and the south coast.
Some of Cornwall's finest beaches, historic sites, gardens and art galleries are all within easy reach of Middle Colenso Farm. Our favourite days out in the area include:
* Exploring historic Marazion and St Michael’s Mount.
* Spending time on of the nearby beaches including Prussia Cove, Praa sands and Marazion where you can swim, surf, SUP or simply relax.
* Taking a stroll down Penzance’s historic Chapel Street with its fascinating architecture, excellent shops and pubs or taking a dip in the town's iconic Art Deco pool.
* Stepping back in time with a visit to one of West Penwith’s Bronze and Iron Age sites
* Discovering West Cornwall’s industrial heritage at St Just - a Cornish Mining World Heritage Site.
* Taking in a play at the Minack Theatre, carved out of the rocks above Porthcurno Beach.
* Walking the spectacular South West Coast Path.
* Visiting the the magnificent gardens at Trengwainton, Godolphin House and Tremenheere.
* Exploring St Ives, the bustling former fishing town which is now an artistic hub and home to an offshoot of the Tate Gallery and the Barbara Hepworth Sculpture Garden.
* Discovering the dramatic landscape and rich flora and fauna of the Lizard peninsula.
*Enjoying a day trip to the picturesque harbour of Mousehole, described by Dylan Thomas as "the loveliest village in England".Get the full listing »