Included amenities: Wifi, Welcome Pack, Toiletries, Area Tips, Cleaning, Fridge Fill Service, Cafetiere, 24/7 Support.
Green and pleasant land:
If Britain, to you, evokes a patchwork quilt of green fields, grand trees and picturesque settlements, then wend your way to Motcomb Street. Near the leafy loveliness of Hyde Park, and nestled down a narrow cobbled lane, you’d be forgiven for thinking you’ve stumbled upon a sleepy village. Inside, light falls in slanting rays upon graceful furniture, revealing a newly renovated and calmly immaculate home that’ll have you renouncing any lingering British reserve. Knightsbridge is one of London’s ritzier stretches, brimming with classy boutiques, sublime restaurants and British institutions, among them Harrods and the Royal Albert Hall.
Queen and country:
On weekdays, your hosts busy themselves in the big city, she as a strategic communications consultant, he a capital advisor. But come Saturday, and they’re among the rolling hills and smiling fields of the English countryside, at their second home in the Cotswolds. An energetic pair, their hobbies include heliskiing, sailing and riding.
The grace of this beautifully finished home will be apparent the second you skip into the sitting room. With space, light, and pristine wooden floors, there’s a hushed elegance here, from the large sash windows to the nifty artwork. Get cosy on the squashy beige sofa or perch, mug in hand, on one of two graceful armchairs. The sitting room flows freely into the opened kitchen, glossy and large enough to fix a feast, while the dining table seats six. Take a glass of something suitably cool onto the cute balcony before heading downstairs.
An airily exquisite master bedroom awaits, lit by two smart sash windows and finely decorated, from the rustic bedside tables and lamps to the dreamy king bed and the ‘hidden’ ensuite bathroom with its marble shower. You’ve also a sweetly furnished double, done in pretty shades of white and with another ‘hidden’ ensuite- sleek and compact.:
Motcomb Street itself is an exquisite hidden jewel, flanked by patisseries, boutiques, and classy restaurants like the Pantechnicon Dining Room. There’s more fabulous upscale shopping to be had round the corner in Sloane Street, while Harrods and Harvey Nichols are eminent British institutions to which the fashionable of all nations still flock. Breeze around Hyde Park’s glorious green, join the Prommers at the Albert Hall, or hop on the tube and be in Piccadilly Circus in less than ten minutes.:
- There are stairs up to the entrance, and no elevator.
- This home is unfortunately not suitable for children under the age of 14.
- This home doesn't have air conditioning. Between june and september, we'll place fans in each bedroom. Please let us know if you'd like fans outside the summer period.
- The ensuite bathrooms in this home are small.
- The fireplace in this home is purely decorative.
- The host's cleaner visits the home once a week on wednesday around 4pm to water the window boxes.
- Motcomb street is pedestrianized, making it very peaceful and attractive environment. The road will be closed for cars every day between 12 noon to 12 midnight.Get the full listing »