This is the very epitome of cosy countryside living. This peaceful cottage, located on the lower slopes of Cader Idris mountain, is a private hideaway where you can enjoy the solitude and tranquillity of rural Wales. With all the delights and original features of a period property, but also boasting luxuries such as underfloor heating, wood burning stove and a lovely deep slipper bath, experience the best of both worlds in this period cottage with modern amenities. Surrounded by many stunning footpaths, this cottage is just a mile and a half from the market town of Dolgellau, which boasts small shops, cafés and restaurants. Just a short drive from many local attractions, such as Mawddach Trail walking and cycle route, Coed y Brenin’s esteemed mountain biking centre, and Bounce Below, which has the largest underground trampoline in Europe, as well as a zip wire ride in Blaenau Ffestiniog, this is the perfect place to return to after a busy day getting to know the joyous beauty of Snowdonia.
- Size – sleeps four in two bedrooms.
- Beds – two king beds. (One bed can be arranged as twin beds on request.)
- Rooms – ground floor – open plan kitchen living and dining area, utility room, wet room with WC. First floor- King-size bedroom with ensuite, king-size bedroom, bathroom.
- Kitchen and utilities – gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, washing machine, freezer. Tumble dryer is located in the garage next door.
- Entertainment – Smart TV.
- For families – cot, stairgate, and high chair can be provided on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Outside – multi-level garden with stream. Seating area with eight seater picnic table, bistro table with chairs, and charcoal barbecue.
- Parking – ample parking available.
- General – central heating and electricity included. Bed linen and towels provided. Wi-Fi available. Two hairdryers provided. Bicycles may be stored in the garage. Free logs provided for the wood burning stove. Washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets are provided.
- Pets – up to 2 dogs are welcome at an additional cost of £20 per dog. Please keep dogs on ground floor only. The cottage is surrounded by sheep pasture, and so care must be taken.
- Notes – no smoking inside the cottage.
- As this is a period property, the stairs are steep and narrow, and are therefore unsuitable for guests with limited mobility.
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.Get the full listing »