Curlews is a traditional terraced cottage which dates back to the 19th
century. Located in a quiet area of historic Alnwick.This pretty period
house has a private courtyard and two double bedrooms for 4 people.
Accommodation is over two floors, comfortable and well presented with
open plan kitchen dining room with gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge,
freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer. The living room has shuttered
windows, sofa, armchairs, gas fire, TV with Freeview.
Alnwick is probably most famous for its magnificent castle which was
used in the making of the Harry Potter movies as Hogwarts. The Alnwick
Garden was created by the Duchess of Northumberland ten years ago into
a striking landscaped garden with innovative structural design and
unique features. The garden is home to acres of intriguing plants
blooming throughout the seasons, water features, a poison garden and
the world's largest tree house. To the east, the Heritage Coast at
Alnmouth is just 4 miles and from here the coastal route north offers
superb scenery, miles of clean sandy beaches, rocky coves and tiny
fishing villages. To the west, the Northumberland National Park offers
excellent walking country as well as smaller historic towns and
National Trust properties.
Curlews Cottage is in a great location for a holiday with family or
friends. The beach is just 5 miles away, all the town’s amenities are
on the doorstep… and Alnwick Castle ‘Hogwarts’ is a must for Harry
• Sleeps: 4
• Bedrooms: 2
• Beds: 2 x double beds.
• Bed linen and towels: Duvets with linen and towels
• Bathrooms: Bathroom with over bath electric shower and WC
• Accessibility: Accommodation is over 2 floors
• Kitchen and utilities: Well-equipped dining/kitchen, gas oven and
hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer. Door from
kitchen to private courtyard. Cloakroom with WC.
• Facilities for families: No cot or highchair available
• Outside: Courtyard garden
• Pets: No pets
• Parking: Street parking
• Nearest amenities: Shops/PO/pub/TIC all within 5 minutes walking
distance of Alnwick town centre.
• Coast: coastal property. 5 miles from the beach
• Changeover time: Friday
• General: Wi-Fi connection available. Electricity and gas central
• Cottage Availability: Short breaks available, minimum three nights
• Grading: 4 star
• Important note: No smoking.
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage
Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you
in good time before your holiday with further details and to take
payment.Get the full listing »