MILLSTREAM COTTAGE BOSHAM: Luxury 'spa-like' cottage on millstream in historic Old Bosham. Minutes on foot to sea, quays, cafes, restaurants & pubs. Many comforts & amenities rarely found in holiday rentals of this size and price: deluxe beds/linens/robes/slippers/toiletries, multi-jet whirlpool bath w/TV at foot of tub, Shiatsu massage cushions, HDTV entertainment system w/surround sound & Netflix access, complimentary wine/drinks/snacks/Nespresso coffees/Twining teas & biscuits. Complimentary Champagne & mixer/spirits bar for guests staying 7 nights or more.
WHY CHOOSE MILLSTREAM COTTAGE BOSHAM?
• GET the BEST of BOTH WORLDS: boutique hotel quality-like accommodations with the spaciousness & flexibility of a self-catering holiday home. Perfect for discerning travelers who value EXCEPTIONAL HOSPITALITY & GUEST EXPERIENCE.
• UNIQUE PROPERTY: Luxury Grade II Period cottage on millstream located just 400 yards from the sea in the heart of Old Bosham, a delightful harbourside village close to the cathedral city of Chichester.
• CONVENIENT LOCATION: Minutes on foot to sea, quays, cafes, restaurants and pubs. Chichester (10/15 minutes) and Goodwood Estate (25 minutes).
• TRANQUIL SETTING: Extremely quiet except for enchanting birdsong and occasional quacking of ducks floating along the millstream.
• MANY COMFORTS, CONVENIENCES AND AMENITIES not offered by similarly-sized and priced properties: deluxe beds/linens/robes/slippers/toiletries and multi-jet whirlpool bath with TV at end of tub. Smart 60" Apple-enabled HDTV entertainment system in living area with Neflix access and surround sound for 'in-home' theatre-like experience. Complimentary wine/beverages/snacks/Nespresso coffees/Twining teas/biscuits and candies. Complimentary Champagne/spirits bar (gin, rum, scotch and vodka along with mixers) for guests staying 7 nights or more.
• PERFECT FOR ONE COUPLE (one bedroom provided at advertised nightly rate), TWO COUPLES, TWO SINGLE PERSONS OR A SMALL FAMILY of three to four persons (two bedrooms provided for nightly rate plus the applicable additional guest fee/s).
ABOUT MILLSTREAM COTTAGE: Built in 1875 and once serving as the village Chapel’s hall, Millstream Cottage has been lovingly renovated and beautifully furnished with stylish mix of antique/contemporary furnishings, upscale appliances and original artwork. Set alongside a serene millstream, this light and airy 2-bedroom, 2.5 bath, 1350-square-foot 2-story cottage is a GRADE II LISTED PERIOD PROPERTY that combines the charm of yesterday with the comforts and conveniences of today.
INTERIOR: The ground floor opens to a RECEPTION/LIVING AREA with two leather sofas and a glass coffee table with a snack tray of complimentary beverages, crisps, crackers, nuts, chocolates and candies. Enjoy watching your favourite FREEVIEW or NETFLIX broadcasts on the home theatre-like 60” HDTV with multi-speaker surround sound. The system also is equipped with APPLE TV so you can connect your own device to access the screen.
An OPEN CONCEPT KITCHEN and DINING AREA can easily accommodate multiple cooks at the same time. The space boasts ample GRANITE WORKTOPS and BREAKFAST BAR along with a formal dining table for up to eight people. There are also several small appliances, including a blender for smoothies and mix drinks, a hand blender with a variety of attachments and slow cooker. A variety of HERBS, SPICES, COOKING OILS/VINEGARS are included for your convenience. Off the kitchen, there is UTILITY ROOM with washer and dryer and loo and access to the patio direct on the millstream.
Upstairs are located 2 ENSUITE BEDROOMS separated by an OPEN GALLERY LANDING.
The main bedroom has a KING SIZED BED and ENSUITE BATH with a MULTI-JET WHIRLPOOL TUB plus an overhead rainfall/handheld shower system. A WALL-MOUNTED TV at the foot of the tub allows guests to relax while viewing a Freeview broadcast of their choice.
The second bedroom has TWO SINGLE BEDS and an ENSUITE with a walk-in shower featuring both handheld and overhead rainfall shower heads.
From either bedroom, open sets of velux windows to enjoy views of the water/shoreline. For complete privacy and darkness, draw down the black-out window shades. On the beds, find coverlets and deluxe cotton/Egyptian cotton linens, as well as a heated PERSONAL MASSAGE cushion to melt away tension in the neck and back. TOWELS, ROBES, SLIPPERS, and TOILETRIES are provided.
EXTERIOR: Walk out the front door and the SEA IS ONLY ONE BLOCK AWAY. (You also can see the sea from one of the cottage front window and the patio.) Exit the kitchen door and you’re on a delightful private DINING AND LOUNGING PATIO aside the village millstream. During the hot summer months, dangle your feet into the cool millstream while seeing the sea in the distance. This south-facing area is a perfect setting for al fresco meals or lounging on the sofa with a glass of wine or good book.
ABOUT BOSHAM & THE AREA: Millstream Cottage is situated in a delightful and quiet location within the center of a historic village a few houses down from the Millstream Hotel.. “Old Bosham” has a fascinating history—take a five-minute walk to Saxon church, where the chancel is featured in the Bayeux Tapestry. For venturing out and just 4.5 miles away, the historic cathedral city of Chichester boasts extensive shopping facilities, plus a variety of social and recreational activities in a quaint hamlet setting. Find a sports centre with swimming pool, multi-screen cinema, plus numerous casual to fine dining options. For cultural pursuits, visit the award winning Pallant House Gallery and the renowned Festival Theatre.Get the full listing »