Crook Peak Cottage, with high speed fibre internet is now back on the Market after a long term of private use, hence very few and dated reviews compared to our other 2 holiday rentals:- Mendips View has 130 + reviews which is on-site and Polperro House which is in Polperro, along from Looe in Cornwall.
FREE USE OF THE POOL, SAUNA AND GYM WITH A WEEKS STAY
LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE PER PERSON OF BUTLINS AND FAR SUPERIOR.
Crook Peak is a detached, gas central heated, Country Cottage built from reclaimed or `up-cycled` local stone and wooden Lintels, which has views of Crook Peak (meaning “bent hilltop”) on top of the Mendips which features prominently in the short distance at an impressive 628 feet high. It is set within the grounds of an old farm and a Stone Barn which after being converted by the previous owner, is now our house.
Great place to let your children run around freely without the worry of traffic and strange people
Crook Peak is a comfortable and welcoming stone Cottage with old wooden beams, a traditional multi-fuel/ wood burner, Leather high back leather settee`s in the lounge, modern kitchen with recently laid solid oak floor, large bedrooms with two luxury shower rooms, all insulated throughout for your extra comfort. No wide angle lens have been used to make it look larger just more photos to allow you to get a true size. You will be surrounded by the chorus of the songbirds, rarely heard in the cities
The stylish, cherry wood and oak floored kitchen is fitted with all high quality mod cons for you to enjoy which overlooks the secluded sun drenched rear garden with patio area and pretty tiered rockery.
It is surrounded by open fields and woodlands to the rear of Crook Peak Cottage for you to walk out onto from the doors at your leisure, enjoying the clean fresh air, a Dutch barn to the front. As the air is so pure having been filtered by the Atlantic from the Gulf Stream, you will find yourself having very long deep sleeps-many of our guests find themselves dozing in the afternoon also!
As it is on one level, the property is also suitable for guests with limited mobility.
The property is fully set up for holiday letting and includes all bed linen, towels, cleaning materials, cooking utensils and cookware. We are on-site so can greet you if we are around and answer any questions about the property or location and then leave you to enjoy your stay that starts with a welcome cuppa. Any problems/questions whilst staying can be quickly resolved with us. We are generally around to assist.
The property is tucked away so you can enjoy the seclusion of the area or you are free to roam our vast property of 4 acres to enjoy our ducks/chickens and outdoor games equipment in our garden with a swing, slide and trampoline or roam in the 80+ Acres of fields and woodlands.
Close by are the facilities of the Webbington Hotel, and a trip to enjoy the spa/gym is included in your weeks stay.
We run two other holiday homes as well, Mendips View which is attached to our home in North Somerset, 1031811 and Polperro House, a large holiday home in the Harbour of Polperro in Cornwall 1077272.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking
- A legally binding contract will come into existence when we receive your deposit payment and email you a receipt and confirmation of booking for the holiday. The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking. You will be committed to the full payment and for your arrival. We are solely committed to you and your guests, not offering the booked dates to any other person and allowing you to stay on the agreed dates therefore, if the dates have been held for you, preventing them to be booked by another party and you wish to change the dates, this will be deemed as a cancellation. What we will do is open the dates on the calendar and if any of the days are then booked, we will refund the same amount.
- A non-refundable deposit of 60% of the total holiday price is payable at the time of booking.
Bookings made less than ten weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date as specified on your booking form then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and you will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by email. If you cancel your holiday, you are still liable for the full amount. Any epidemic, pandemic viruses or illness`s will not be accepted for reason of cancellation.
We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
Guests will leave by 10 am on the date of arrival and arrive no sooner than 4 pm unless otherwise agreed by the owner.
You are responsible for the property during your stay and it should be left in a clean and tidy condition. All furniture and equipment should be left in the same state as commencement of your holiday. All damages or breakages will be charged and should be reported to the owners immediately. All ovens, cooker, sinks, work surfaces, microwave, toaster and barbecue left in an unclean condition will be charged for cleaning
Dogs must be well behaved, not left unattended, allowed on the furniture or bedrooms. All dog fouling must be cleaned up. Any found after departure will be charged heavily.
The owner and cleaner reserves the right to enter the property at any time.
Guests should not cause a nuisance to other neighbours.
No responsibility is accepted by the owner for personal injury, loss or damage to personal property including guests vehicles.
No smoking allowed inside the propertyGet the full listing »