COVID-19 UPDATE: Please see our enhanced cleaning procedures at the bottom of this description section.
This charming period holiday home in Winchester is in an ideal a City Centre location for you and your family to enjoy.
Just around the corner from the restaurants, Theatre Royal and Discovery Centre on Jewry Street.
Winchester Railway station is a 5 minute walk and Winchester Cathedral is only a 10 minute walk away.
All the city has to offer is just a stone's throw away.
No.79 Tower Street is just around the corner from the Theatre Royal on Jewry Street. It is also very close to a varied choice of dining options and the central location of Tower Street means the train station is a 5 minute walk and the Winchester Cathedral is only a 10 minute walk away.
The property has two generous sized double bedrooms and a family bathroom upstairs with a delightful sitting room, dining room, kitchen and utility room on the ground floor. All principle rooms have double glazed sash windows sympathetically styled to the period of the house. There is also gas central heating to keep you cosy during the winter and on street permit parking for one car.
OUR NEW CLEANING PROCEDURES DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
Our cleaning staff are the first people to access the property after a guest has stayed, so we first need to make sure that they are safe from infection.
We keep up to date with information by recognised health organisations The World Health Organisation and the NHS so we can keep ourselves updated with how the disease is spread and effectively protect our cleaners and our guests at all times.
Our cleaning staff wear disposable gloves throughout a whole property clean as well as taking all the steps below to help slow down and prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our properties.
1. Our priority is safety, not efficiency.
2. Using disinfectant, our cleaners wipe down high touch points such as light switches, lamps, cupboard handles, door handles, window latches, banisters, remote controls, and thermostats as it is extremely likely that a previous guest touched these points during their stay.
3. We put all cutlery, crockery and cooking implements through the dishwasher again whether it has been used or not. This limits cross infection from touching items even if they weren’t used.
4. We continue to disinfect high-contamination sites such as the toilet, basin, shower and bath, and rubbish bin and any toilet brushes.
5. We make sure all cleaning staff wipe down all appliances, electronics, and amenities that are provided such as the kettle, iron, vacuum cleaner, hairdryer etc. as it is possible the previous guest has touched these.
6. All soap dispensers, bathroom toiletries, cleaning products and equipment or other items that are for guest use are wiped down and disinfected or replaced with new.
7. Between each guest we launder all guest linens and towels whether they were used or not as again this minimises the risk of cross infection.
8. Just before our cleaner leaves the property they re disinfect the door handles and all entry methods (lockbox keypad, sets of keys etc.)
9. During these exceptional times our cleaners are expected to take extra time to clean each property and disinfect thoroughly between guests.
10. Our cleaners are thoughtful about what might need to be disinfected and cleaned at the property as they are aware our guests are counting on them to prevent infection – and that their work is of a high value, especially in these times.Get the full listing »