My place is great for couples, friends/family, solo adventurers and business travellers. Primrose Hill and Hampstead Heath are walking distance and Oxford/Bond Street a short Tube ride away with Finchley Rd (6 min) and Swiss Cottage (9 min) tube stations nearby. The flat suits both nature lovers and those wanting to experience the Soho/West End vibe. Located in the lush South Hampstead Conservation Area, even your daily walk to the cornershop or grocery store in its streets will be pleasurable! We just posted this property on homeaway, but have several positive reviews on other sites.
The flat is in a beautiful Victorian red brick building, newly refurbished and decorated to a high standard in a peaceful, desirable location. It has an internal area of 630sqft with lovely garden views. Amenities are as follows -
- 2 double beds. Master bed has a comfortable memory foam topper. Guest bed is a day bed, that allows you to use the room as a study in the day, bed turns into a double bed at night.
- Built in cupboards/chest of drawers with storage space.
- Guest bedroom can be used as a study, has writing desk with a lovely view.
- 38inch plasma TV in the living room which can be linked to your Netflix/Amazon/Apple TV subscription. We have ChromeCast installed, once you have accessed the Wi-fi you are welcome to 'cast' shows from your smart phone, laptop or tablet. Vast book collection for those preferring books over TV!
- Living room with 2 comfortable sofas and separate dining area overlooking garden.
- High speed fibre internet with unlimited data.
- Modern WC and bathroom with shower, tub and running hot & cold water.
- Fully fitted kitchen with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, oven and stove, microwave, toaster, kettle, rice cooker, Nespresso coffee machine etc.
The flat is on the second floor of a Victorian conversion, accessible by stairs with no lift and no wheelchair access. Guests will have use of the entire flat.
Interaction with guests
I am reachable on the phone if you have any questions, as well as available to meet in person at property if required.
The flat is bright and airy, located in the desirable Conservation area of South Hampstead. Bordering St John's Wood and Finchley Road/West End Lane, the streets are peaceful, tree-lined and pretty.
- It has a fantastic location of being a short walk away from the chic Primrose Hill area and the heart of Hampstead. Primrose Hill has great views of London (perfect for picnics) and the fashionable Regent's Park Road with cafes, restaurants, shops etc. The vast wooded Hampstead Heath with its bathing ponds, Parliament Hill and Kenwood House (hosts cultural events in summer) is walking distance - the Heath has inspired poets from Keats, Coleridge to artists such as Constable.
- Your two nearest high streets are: 1) Finchley Road with the superbly well-stocked Waitrose store for food, grocery and household supplies, restaurants, cafes, hairdressers, beauty salons, cinemas, including the O2 center (which has a bit of all the above). 2) West End Lane again with grocery store Marks & Spencer, restaurants, cafes, hairdressers, beauty salons, a rustic farmer's market on weekends.
- The flat is also close to beautiful Regent's Park (for London Zoo, Open Air Theatre, extensive flower gardens etc) Baker Street (for Madam Tussauds and Sherlock Holmes museum), Lords Cricket ground and a few streets away from Abbey Road Studios and the popular zebra crossing (always filled with tourists!). Camden Lock Market and Little Venice are a bit further away.
Finchley Rd tube (Jubilee and Metropolitan lines) is 6 mins away and Swiss Cottage tube (Jubilee line) is 8-9 mins away. Bond Street/Oxford Street is 10min. by tube, Baker St. is 5min. by Tube, West End (Leicester Square/Soho) is 15-20min. by tube and the City (Bank/St Pauls) is 20min away.
Heathrow Airport is accessed in approx. 1hr via Tube to Paddington station and Heathrow Express from there to the airport (15min journey).
Luton Airport is also easily accessed in approx 50 minutes, either via the Overground at West Hampstead station or both Greenline and National Express regular coach services from Finchley Road (02 Center), just a 10 min. walk away.Get the full listing »