A two bedroom apartment in Zone 3 with its own private garden, on a quiet leafy street with no traffic noise. Just a few minutes walk from Tulse Hill mainline station which takes you to London Bridge in 17 minutes. Gatwick is the nearest airport.
The apartment can sleep up to four people - with a double bed in the main bedroom and two single beds in the smaller second bedroom. I supply all bedding, bedlinen and towels and there is a hairdryer in the apartment to use.
The apartment is spacious with high ceilings and consists of the following:-
* Living Room, Large TV, DVD player, Hi-fi, Wi-fi, Piano ( sheet music provided !)
* Large Bedroom with double bed, french doors opening onto the private garden.
* Kitchen with electric oven, gas hob, washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, sorry no dishwasher ! Back door opens onto the garden.
* Bathroom with WC, bath and overhead shower.
* Second Bedroom with a two single beds. French doors opening onto the garden. PLEASE BE AWARE - this is a very small room so if space is an issue then perhaps this isn't the room for you.
* Private 10 metre garden with garden table and six chairs, garden bench, BBQ, rotary washing line, hammock.
There is a shared front door to the building, a communal hallway and a private door on the ground floor to the apartment.
You will have sole access to the whole apartment and garden during your stay.
The apartment is sandwiched between two districts, Brixton and Dulwich.
A 10 minute bus journey takes you to vibrant multi cultural Brixton where you can enjoy the bars and pubs and shopping in the bustling rejuvenated boho market. The renovated Victorian Ritzy cinema is worth a visit showing both art house and mainstream movies as well as housing a bar and live music.
A 20 minute walk away from the apartment takes you to the affluent district of Dulwich with Georgian architecture, riding stables and cricket grounds !
Nearby Herne Hill hosts a farmers market every Sunday where you can buy artisan food from local producers and browse the arts and crafts stalls and shops.
A couple of streets away is the beautiful Brockwell Park which is a great 1.5 mile jog or walk around the circumference if you have the inclination ! The large Victorian house in the middle is a cafe which does a great English breakfast. You will also find Brockwell Lido in the park with a large outdoor pool open from April - October and a well equipped gym and spa facilities with a steam room, jacuzzi and hydrojets.
Transport and Getting Around:
Tulsa Hill station is a five minute walk from the apartment. From this station trains run every 15 minutes to London Bridge ( journey time 17 minutes) and from there you can pick up the Jubilee or Northern underground lines or pick up another train to Charing Cross ( for the West End) or Waterloo East ( for the Southbank)
Buses run regularly from the end of the road to Brixton ( journey time 10 minutes) where you can pick up the Victoria underground line) or into town ( journey time 30 minutes)
Here are just a few of the places you can get to and the times:-
* London Bridge - 17 mins direct ( where you can transfer onto the Northern or Jubilee underground lines)
* Waterloo East for the Southbank - 25 mins (transfer at London Bridge)
* Charing Cross for the West End - 28 mins (transfer at London Bridge).
* Wimbledon - 8 mins direct ( Thameslink)
* Gatwick Airport- 58 mins (transfer at London Bridge)
* St Pancras International for the Eurostar ( Thameslink trainlne) - 28 mins direct
* Crystal Palace - 9 mins direct ( train or bus)
* Brixton - 10 mins direct on the bus
There is permit parking for cars on the street outside the apartment which operates Monday - Friday between 8.30am - 6.30pm. All other times parking is free. You can buy daily parking permits from me for £5 a day if you come by car or I can show you a road a couple of streets away where you can leave the car for free all day.
You can hire a car through the city car club scheme which operates a cheap hourly as well as a daily rate. The advantage of this company is a couple of the cars are stored on Romola Road so you won't have to walk far to pick up and drop back !Get the full listing »