The Dod Barn is a recently converted semi-detached stone camping barn
situated on a 1,800 acre working sheep farm in the heart of The Ingram
Valley in Northumberland. The accommodation is for 8 people in one
bedroom with hanging drapes for extra privacy. Although described as a
camping barn the cottage has so much more to offer. The large living
area with farmhouse table, well equipped kitchen and 2 shower rooms the
facilities are well above the expectations for camping. The barn is
perfect for groups of keen fell walkers, ornithologists and even star
gazers as it is located in one of the best dark sky regions of the UK.
There are endless walks and trails straight from the front door.
Located within the Northumberland National Park only 8 miles from
Wooler and the Cheviot Hills and 17 miles from the historic town of
Alnwick the location is ideal for exploring the region. Shop 7 miles at
Powburn. Shops, pubs, cafes 8 miles at Wooler.
* Size: Sleeps 8 in 1 room
* Beds: 1 x double bed, 4 x single bed, 1 x bunk beds.
* Bed linen and towels: Bed linen and towels provided
* Lounge: well furnished with comfortable chairs, TV with Freeview,
log burning stove, large farmhouse table.
* Kitchen and utilities: Electric cooker, fridge freezer, washing
machine and microwave.
* Bathroom: Two seperate shower rooms side by side both with large
shower cubicle, washbasin and WC.
* Parking: Private off-road parking
* General: Sorry no Wifi. 4G signal available. Books and games.
Lockable storage for bikes.
* Pets: Three dogs welcome with prior arrangement @ £20 per pet
* Changeover: Fully flexible
* Important note: This is a non-smoking property
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage
Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you
in good time before your holiday with further details and to take
Pets information: 1 pet is allowed at this property by prior
arrangement only. Extra charge may be payable (from £15 to £30 per
pet.) Please contact the holiday cottage agency directly after booking
Pets information: Pets are allowed at this property by prior
arrangement only. Extra charge may be payable (from £15 to £30 per pet
per week). Please contact the holiday cottage agency directly after
booking to arrangeGet the full listing »