Situated on a working sheep farm in the heart of the Scottish Borders Wescote has a range of beautifully styled pods, huts and gypsy caravans offering panoramic views of the Minto Hills, stabling facilities, hot tubs and much more! Westcote's location means nearby will find beautiful countryside, exhilarating hikes, bustling market towns, historic ruins, stately homes, and charming pubs. Major local attractions include Fatlips Castle, St Boswells Donkey Sanctuary, Minto Golf Club, the Borders Distillery, and the Borders Abbey Way.
In total, we have five accommodation options for you to enjoy. Each comes with their own sets of warm brushed cotton sheets*, luxurious feather duvets, a small portable gas heater, and outdoor decking areas each equipped with a BBQ and fire pit. Each guest also has access to our eco-toilets**, showers, outdoor kitchen facilities and wood-burning hot tubs (although the latter is at a small additional charge and should be pre-booked).
Specifically, this unit is one of our two authentic and restored gypsy caravans. Named after the Inner Hebrides island of Jura this caravan is perfect for couples, sleeping two people in a double bed. This simple off-grid accommodation option is adorned with a variety of battery and solar-powered lighting and comes with all essentials, including linen*, crockery, tea, coffee, and sugar. Although to make a cup of tea, scramble your Westcote hen’s eggs or cook the local sausages that come in our breakfast hampers you will have to use our outdoor kitchen, Jura’s camping stove or your unit’s own BBQ.
COVID-19 Policy Changes:
- Our accommodation is always cleaned to an extremely high standard, but at this time we will be taking extra special care to fully disinfect all surfaces, both interior and exterior.
- BYO pillows and sleeping bag or quilt. We will provide a fitted bottom sheet, mattress protector and if requested can provide towels, blankets and bedsheets*. However, due to the practicalities of washing duvets and pillows between stays we have decided it is safer and more efficient for our guests to provide their own.
- If you would prefer, we are happy to provide a text operated self-check-in system rather than meeting Annette and Drew.
- Returning guests will know we have always had a relatively flexible approach to check-in and out times, however, due to the increased importance of cleaning check-in may be adjusted (an hour or more later from our normal 2pm) and check out (10am) will be more strictly adhered too.
- We will leave cleaning kits in each unit, each shower and all toilets for guests to clean after use, however, we will also be encouraging people to text use after use of any communal spaces and we will promptly come down to the site and clean.
- Each toilet is for the sole use of one unit**, except the gypsy caravans which currently share one toilet between two. We are currently in the process of sourcing another toilet, but until then we will assign one gypsy caravan another unoccupied unit toilet.
- No excessive noise after 11 pm.
- Dogs are welcome (at an additional £5 charge per dog) but should be well behaved because although the Glamping site is enclosed we are still a working sheep farm with chickens, ducks, and horses.
- A complimentary bottle of Prosecco is provided if your stay is two nights or more.
Additional items can be purchased, for instance, extra logs and breakfast hampers (featuring our own chicken’s eggs)Get the full listing »