Free Activities Included! To enhance your vacation experience, Mountain Escapes Property Management and Cabin Rentals includes Xplorie, which means free admissions and rentals everyday of your stay at select popular attractions in the area. Please Click Here to see the free fun included with this Mountain Escapes Property Management and Cabin Rentals rental!
If you want seclusion and a true mountain experience this cabin is the one. Get away from the hustle and bustle of your busy life and reconnect with nature. You most likely won't have cell signal but there is wifi if you need to communicate with the outside world. The road leading in the development is rather rugged but you shouldn't need 4wd. We do recommend that you not drive low riding or under powered vehicles as there are ruts and a hill to climb to get the cabin. (* Small front wheel drive vehicles and mini vans do NOT do well on this driveway). Sassafras Lookout backs up to the North Carolina line. This spectacular A-frame style cabins offers you peaceful relaxation in a breathtaking mountain setting and the ultimate in privacy—you won’t see another cabin, car or road in any direction. The large porch wrapping around the front of the cabin offers a view, gas grill seating to sit back and unwind to the soothing background of the sounds of nature. This unique cabin has a open floor plan where the living area flows through the dining area and into the kitchen area. The fully furnished kitchen has granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. The living area has tile floors, wood burning fireplace*, smart tv with internet reception (Roku, Netflix etc) while the bedrooms have bamboo flooring. The master bedroom has a king size bed, it's own private bath, balcony, crib, and flat screen tv with dvd player (no reception). On the main floor you'll find a bedroom with a queen bed and a balcony and a second bedroom with two twins.
*While you most likely won't have cell signal the cabin does have satellite wifi.*
* Firewood is not included in the price for the fireplace or the fire pit. You can bring your own or we can deliver an ample supply for a weekend for $35 with at least 48 hours notice.
- One king-size bed with flat screen tv and dvd player in master bedroom
- One queen-size bed
- Two twin beds
- Beautifully decorated living area with flat screen Smart TV
- Wood burning fireplace* (firewood not included)
- Fully furnished kitchen with all the necessities with both a standard coffee maker
- Reading nook with chair and ottoman
- Gas grill, bistro style tables and chairs outdoor eating area
- Fire pit with seating (firewood not included)
- Wireless Satellite Internet,
- Central heat and air
- Washer and Dryer
- Bath essentials such as guest soap and shampoo, hair dryer, and thick towels
- Dishes, (including) glassware, utensils, cutlery,
- Pots, and pans
Check in - 4pm
Check out- 10am
Please Note- * Small front wheel drive vehicles and mini vans do NOT do well on this driveway
What should we bring?
We suggest you bring personal grooming items, groceries (including spices and condiments along with the items below:
Insect repellent (summer)
Duraflame logs or starter logs for wood-burning fireplaces only or campfire pits
Medicines (aspirin, ibuprofen, first aid kit, etc.)
Beach towels (for summer excursions to Lake Blue Ridge or whitewater rafting)
If you’re enjoying a lengthy stay, you may want to bring:
Additional hand soap and shampoo
Entertainment items (DVDs, CDs, books, board games, playing cards, puzzles)Get the full listing »