Seasongs is a charming one-story, fully furnished cottage with its own spacious, fully enclosed yard, just steps from a spectacular beach on the western leeward shore of beautiful Grand Turk. A quaint island reminiscent of “Old Caribbean” before the days of high rises and crowds, Grand Turk is a short 25-minute plane ride from the hustle and bustle of Providenciales (“Provo”).
Delight in tranquility almost impossible to find in today’s modern world. Enjoy the beach environment as you drink your morning coffee in the living room or indulge in an evening glass of wine from the outdoor patio. Grab a beach chair and walk 20 yards to the pristine, powdery white sand beach and calm turquoise water. Wade out to swim or snorkel. Later, stroll down to the local fish market to buy today’s catch to barbeque for dinner.
I fell in love with the Grand Turk’s peaceful charm, friendly locals and exceptional diving during my first visit, and acquired Seasongs in late 2014. The house has been completely refurbished and a local property manager is available to assist guests. The interior was decorated by Mercedes Brennan of 1 Chic Retreat. Mercedes, a specialist in vacation home interior design, has created an environment that will meet your every need – including the need to not worry about anything! The house is stylish, very comfortable and completely unfussy - a place where you can truly relax, knowing that everything has been provided for.
When you’re done relaxing, there are plenty of activities – horseback riding along the beach, biking around the island on one of our bikes, exploring the history and culture of Grand Turk at the Turks & Caicos National Museum, people-watching at one of the nearby restaurant bars. If you’re inclined, visit the Cruise Center on the south end of the island (about 4 miles away) when a cruise ship is in for shopping and drinks at the Margaritaville Bar. Then, there’s the diving! World-class diving along the 8-mile long Grand Turk Wall in the Columbus National Marine Park. There are four expert dive shops; dive boats can reach most of the best diving in minutes.
Here’s what you’ll enjoy at Seasongs:
• A breezy open-plan living/dining room with some ocean views from the living room
• A fully stocked kitchen with a new electric range
• Table settings for 8+
• High-quality linens and towels, including beach towels
• Private bedroom with a king bed
• Ceiling fans in every room, plus full air-conditioning for when it gets a little too tropical
• Cable TV, a Blu-ray player and Wi-Fi
• Truly comfortable sleeping for 5: a new king bed, a sectional sofa that converts to a queen bed and a twin daybed
• Office area with desk
• 2 cruiser bikes
• A large screened-in porch with wicker chairs and dining room table and chairs that seats 8+
• Fully enclosed yard (good place for small kids to play) with two patios, a barbeque and a bocce ball court, hammock, room to park a golf cart or rental car
• Markets, restaurants and island businesses that are only a short walk away
There were two houses recently constructed across the street adjacent to Seasongs last year which blocked most but not all of our ocean views but public access to the beach is directly in front of the house and the lovely sunsets are always there to enjoy with your breakfast or a glass of wine on the patio.Get the full listing »