To recharge your batteries and discover a typical Aegean atmosphere with its small restaurants, fish, mezze and local wine. "Tenedos was created by the gods so that men live longer." (Herodotus)
Located in the center of the village of Bozcaada, this traditional Turkish house restored by our care is bathed in an Ottoman and Balinese atmosphere. It has a garden with terrace and outdoor cinema, a terrace on the top floor pleasant for sunbathing or a drink. It is an ideal house for a couple with or without children. It can accommodate from 4 to 6 people. A few minutes by car, scooter or minibus, you can reach the various beaches and coves of which the island of Tenedos (Bozcaada in Turkish) abounds. The historical site of Troy is only a few kilometers away, as well as the Memorial dedicated to the victims of Galipoli (War of the Dardanelles). The house remains cool thanks to the light breeze reigning on the island. In case of need, the 2 air conditioners and the 3 fans are there to refresh you.
The owner's tips
-Rent a scooter on the island
- Sandal and Şehir restaurant plans, Hafiz under the pines, cafes along the harbor and behind the fortress, the wifi cafe near the post office on the main square.
-The castle of Bozcaada
-The wind turbines with sunset: take a bottle of white wine with fresh self
-Samlıbağ and Talay wine-tasting tour
-The Historical Museum of Bozcaada
-The art galleries Rengigül and Bozcaada Sanat galerisi
-The At Lisa's Coffee
-The beaches of Ayazma and Sulubahçe
-The beach of Habbele if you like pebble beaches.
- The specialties of the island: tomato jam - Turkish coffee in damla sakız - almond biscuits in pastry Cicek - red and white wines: Talay - Çamlıbağ - Amadeus - Ataol - Corvus - Suvla Wines de Çanakkale We recommend the Cabernet Sauvignon-Kuntra 2013 and the Ayapetro de Çamlıbağ, all Suvla wines (especially Grenache Noir and Syrah), Vasilaki and Sauvignon Blanc de Talay.
- The different aromatic herbs of the island
You have access to all the rooms of the house, to the garden, to the two terraces. You can cook your own dishes in our kitchen in the basement and enjoy them on the terrace with a good bottle offered by us :)
We will be in the house next door, if you have any concern whatsoever, do not hesitate. In addition, Erick and Ayşe can share with you if the opportunity presents some French-Turco-Asian dishes around a bottle of local wine. We also do this year's table d'hôte with a special "appetizer-starter-main course-dessert-wine" menu on request. We also offer Thai and Balinese massage sessions. Erick and Ayşe are graduates of the ITM International Thai Massage School in Chiang Mai and Sang Spa Bali School.
Stores and shops are located in the center of the village, with 2 grocery stores and a small supermarket, the famous Çiçek bakery in front of us, Zübeyde Hanım square for fresh tea.
From the pier the house is a 2 minute walk.
The house is located on an island and adjoining a flower garden, you will be asked to meet "guests" of Mother Nature such as beetles, geckos, butterflies, small, very discreet and frightened spiders. You can sometimes wake up to the sound of turtle doves `black collar or blue-eyed jackdaws.
You have access to all the rooms of the house, from the cellar to the terrace, as well as to the garden. In the large kitchen you can prepare your own meals.
The kitchen has all the necessary equipment, with a large fridge + freezer, gas stove, oven, pots, pans, blender, etc.
We will be in the house next door, if you have a question or a problem, do not hesitate to come and see us. In addition, Erick and Ayse will be delighted to share their table in the garden around a Turkish, Asian or French dish, or around a succulent ocean fondue accompanied by a local wine, a Cavus or a Vasilaki.
We also do this year's table d'hôte with a special "appetizer-starter-main course-dessert-wine" menu on request. We also offer Thai and Balinese massage sessions. Erick and Ayşe are graduates of the ITM International Thai Massage School in Chiang Mai and Sang Spa Bali School.
Here are more details of the facilities of the house:
- Bedroom 1 (Ground floor): two twin beds, a wardrobe, a bedside table, reverse air conditioning (cool in summer / warm in winter), a balcony and access to the garden.
- Bedroom 2 (1st floor): one double bed, two wardrobes, two bedside tables, air conditioning in reverse (cool in summer / warm in winter), balcony.
- Bedroom 3 (2nd floor): a sofa bed for 2 persons, a bedside table, a mini bar, reverse air conditioning (cool in summer / warm in winter), a water point, (Table and 6 chairs).
- 2 Balinese style bathrooms (shower + WC)
- Kitchenette (Ground floor): a plate 2 electric fires, a fridge, a toaster, a coffee machine, an electric kettle, cutlery, plates, cups and glasses.
- Kitchen and laundry (basement): a large fridge with freezer, an oven + gas hob 4 burners, a worktop, a dishwasher, a washing machine. All kitchen utensils are provided (we love cooking).
- Dining room (Ground floor): a large oval table in bamboo and its 6 armchairs. Free WIFI.
- Living room (1st floor): a coffee table, a sofa for 3 people, two armchairs, a computer work area, a TV + DVD player, a large DVD collection (French / English / Turkish) Board games.
- Garden: a large solid wood table for your breakfasts and meals with two large stone benches + mattress and 4 wrought iron chairs.
Wifi is available free of charge.
Bed linen, towels, toilet paper are provided.
To give you time to settle in Yaman'in Yeri, you will find basic products (butter, eggs, cheese, milk, homemade jam) in the small fridge in the kitchenette and a few drinks which will avoid you To run to the grocery store on the first day.Get the full listing »