NANTAHALA, "Land of the Noonday Sun," is nestled in the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. Lake Nantahala offers peaceful lake time and access to a multitude of outdoor adventures.
Located in the gated community of Nantahala Highlands, this custom lakeshore home is across the water from Nantahala National Forest, which provides spectacular unspoiled views.
Trout Haven's towering Great Room boasts an unmatched view of Lake Nantahala, with a 22' x 22' wall of glass overlooking the lake and surrounding mountains. This magnificent home is 3100 square feet, with 1200 square feet of covered deck, 279 feet of shore line and a 20' x 20' deep-water dock. The house has a small cabin feel with plenty of space for your group.
The home's layout is perfect for one or two families.
Here are the details:
Master on main level: King bed, Private Bath, deck overlooking lake
Master on lower level: King Bed, Private Bath, deck overlooking lake
Bedroom 3 lower level: Queen Bed, Shared bath on same level, deck overlooking lake
Bear Cave, (Bedroom 4) lower level: Two sets of bunk beds, shared bath on same level
GREAT ROOM/DINING AREA/KITCHEN
These connected areas combine to make a perfect gathering place for everyone. A fireplace; two couches; over-sized, super-comfy chairs; rockers in front of the windows to watch the lake; a dining table with 8 chairs (and room for more); a bar with four bar stools all assure there is room for one and all.
The kitchen is fully equipped with dishes, pots, pans, utensils, blender, crock pot, rice cooker, griddle, spices; pretty much everything you'll need. Best of all, it's easy to cook in, and there 's plenty of room for many cooks and taste testers.
There are doors leading from this area to the deck with the grill.
There is also a powder room on this level.
The lower level has a pool table, poker table, TV, bar with mini fridge and the ever-present spectacular lake views. In addition to the three bedrooms, there is a full bath with tub on this level.
There is a six-person hot tub on the lower deck.
There are two kayaks.
There are two marinas with Boat Rentals on the lake close to the house.
Lake's End Marina - On the lake. Outdoor dining, All-you-can-eat fish on Friday, sometimes live music. Great corn fritters. Pizza Delivery to your dock.
Nantahala is truly unlike any other lake in the southeast. The water quality is unmatched and the lake is one of the few East Coast lakes clear enough to support salmon, walleye, bass and lake trout. At over 3000 ft. elevation, the lake is the second highest lake east of the Mississippi.
Nantahala is an outdoorsman’s paradise.
- Whitewater Rafting on the Class 4 Nantahala River is just down Wayah Road (the road you come in on).
- Nantahala River is one of the Top 100 Trout Rivers in America. It runs alongside Wayah Road. Pick your spot.
- Lake Nantahala has Walleye, Bass, Trout and is the only lake in the South with Kohanee SALMON!
- Waterfalls abound in the Western Carolina Mountains. Plan it right, and you can drive over one, drive under one, and slide down one all in the same day. In fact, there are several waterfalls that feed the lake and are accessible via boat and foot.
- There are many places to hike, bike, and mountain climb, all nearby.
- Tail of the Dragon is just a turn away.
IF YOU HAVE NO DESIRE TO LEAVE THE LAKE (Join The Club)
- Get a boat. Play our favorite game: Throw The Kids Off The Tube. It gets harder as they get bigger and stronger, but it can be done!
- Get a boat. Go up the river at dusk. Be Pocahontas, Sacagawea, Lewis and Clark. The mist and the bends in the river will definitely make you
feel like an explorer. You can go much farther than you think.
- Get a boat and find the cove with the waterfall. Climb up and see it. It's not hard, but flip flops are not the best shoes for this outing.
- Find the rope swings.
- Cliff Jumping by the dam (wear a life jacket!).
- Throw a line in the water. You might catch dinner. (Highly recommend a back-up plan.)
- Hang out on the dock.
- Go jump in the lake.
- Chill. Its your vacation, spend it how you wish.
The location provides a needed break from the Florida heat, a welcome respite from crowded Atlanta and a convenient point for exploring the Highlands or Asheville, roughly an hour away.
Nantahala Highlands, where Trout Haven is located, is a private development located on Lake Nantahala. It features a gated community that has a mix of full time and part time residents. To preserve the peace and tranquility of this community, all renters will be required to comply with a rental agreement that respects the nature of this community (i.e. No ATVs, Parties outside after 11pm, community road safety, etc). The rental agreement is not overly restrictive and will ensure that everyone in the community has a wonderful time.
Phone, Air Conditioning, Satellite TV, New Flatscreen, DVD Player, Stereo, Sound Bar that syncs with your devices, Full Kitchen, Gas Grill (BBQ), No Smoking, No Pets (Sorry!!)Get the full listing »