Featured on the cover of “Old House Journal” just a few years ago, Hygge Hus is a charming 1875 Eastlake Victorian cottage on Ontario Avenue. The cottage, located 100 feet away from waterfront, provides you with amazing River views. The cottage's expansive open porch, the Forever Green space directly in front of our cottage, and it's an original fir beadboard interior with antique appointments gives summer guests the true flavor of 1000 Island Park.
10 REASONS TO CHOOSE HYGGE HUS:
1. Beautifully restored, immaculate cottage...Cozy, Clean and Uncluttered, with many
custom made built-in "coma couches" for relaxing...and GET HYGGE!!
2. Fantastic large comfortable front porch with Expansive RIVER views..sits 10! yes, you can see Freighters!
3. Backyard deck with table and ample seating for 12.
4. Sleeps 10 people COMFORTABLY... with a First floor bedroom and ensuite bathroom for guests with mobility concerns
5. AC units in ALL sleeping rooms. No worries about hot summer nights! There are also ceiling fans and window fans throughout the cottage to keep you comfortable.
6. State of the art heater which will take the chill off of cool Fall nights.
7. Pets Welcome with fee
8. 100 feet from Bath Tub Shoal and Sunset Point... go for a swim, launch a kayak, or watch a sunset
9. LARGE NEW well stocked Kitchen with 2 refrigerators
10. There are 2.5 bathrooms... one tub and one shower
* Cleaning Fee: $175 per rental period
* * Dog Fee: $100 per dog
* Thousand Island Corporation Fee "Property Fee" : the corporation requires a $200 for weekly rentals during high season. This fee has been embedded in the base rate during the Peak Summer Rental Period from late June - mid September. For example, our average peak season nightly rate of $375/night is now $400/night.
* During the Peak Season, Saturday - Saturday weekly rental ONLY; Off Season 3 nights min. required
1. Wrap Around Porch and Back Yard Deck:
Enjoy amazing expansive waterfront views from your comfortable front porch or sit on the large backyard deck and enjoy a family BBQ (both gas and charcoal grills provided). One of the few cottages in the park with a backyard deck. Great location for family meals.
2. Our cottage is located only a 100 feet away from Bathtub Shoal which allows access to some of the parks best swimming, kayaking and sunsets views!
3. COMFORTABLY SLEEPS 10 with 4 Bedrooms: 3 upstairs and 1 downstairs.
* One of the few rental cottages with a first floor bedroom. The first floor bedroom/den is perfect those with mobility concerns. This room has a custom made trundle which when expanded converts the twin daybed to a queen size bed! There are 2 large dressers and closet. There is also an ensuite bathroom with shower. (see photos)
* The upstairs bunk room has 2 double beds and 3 single beds which is ideal for large families. There is a large dresser and closet. (see photo)
* The large master bedroom with queen bed with balcony views, a large closet, and 2 dressers.
* The second guest room with a double bed, dresser and garment rack. (see photo)
4. AC units in ALL sleeping rooms :) No worries about hot summer nights! There are also ceiling fans and window fans throughout the cottage to keep you comfortable during you the hot summer days and nights.
5. We welcome friendly dogs that are completely house trained. (Pet fee required)
6. One Personal Car Parking space is included in the rental; the space is directly across the street from the cottage. A new rule of the Corporation prevents parking in front of cottages for many of the homes in TIP. This is a great advantage to our cottage. You will not have to park in a distant lot and trek items to your cottage. However, additional cars will need to park in the public lot at the top of the street.
7. We will provide multiple bikes for all ages: Adult Tandem Bike for two, Adult bike, and children bicycles.
8. Our cottage has been recently updated and painted. We offer a spacious modern kitchen with 2 refrigerators; multiple comfortable living spaces with custom built-in couches for relaxing, flat screen TV, blue ray player, Wi-Fi, board games, bocce, and much more!
The home is located in Thousand Island Park, New York, United States.
Thousand Islands Park is a private residential community located in the Historic District of Thousand Island Park on Wellesley Island. Filled with rich history and beauty everywhere you look, TI Park is the perfect place for your next getaway.
During your stay you are just a stroll away from the playground, pavilion, Wellesley Island Hotel & Pub, The Guzzle, shops, and library. Thousand Island Park also offers weekly movies at the Tabernacle, organized softball, kickball and soccer games for the kids, basketball and tennis courts, sailing and kayaking lessons at the Yacht Club, story time at the library and much more.
For those with small children looking for a place to swim, 'The Cove', is less than a 5 minute drive. You'll love the soft sandy bottom to play in. The Cove also has a raft to swim out to not, to mention a beautiful view of Rock Island Lighthouse and the seaway. It's a fun spot to swim, play, and watch river-life go by!
>The preferred method of moving around the Thousand Island Park is by foot, bicycle, or golf cart.
>We will provide multiple bikes for all ages: Adult Tandem Bike for two, Adult bike, and children bicycles.Get the full listing »