ED Refnr. 636726
A true, panoramic Walser House of 1735 in the hearth of the small village Bosco Guerin, in Ticino, for those who love mountain, nature and this region full of history and tradition.
The owners have kept the ancient construction and renovated it with care in 2011: like the organisation of the space, strictly divided in an area characterized by “stone”, dedicated to the kitchen and to the fireplace, made with a local stone, and an area characterized by wood, dedicated to the living area and to the bedrooms, made with the best quality of larch of the nearby woods.
The heating system has remained the one fed with wood, where the main heat supply is provided by the ancient Pigna in stone, one of the few registered among those still existing in the valley. The stove has been renovated and is now operating after years of state of neglect. This stove, once going, can maintain heat from the evening to the following morning without need of being fed, real warm hearth of the house, placed in the traditional “Stube”, a room completely in wood, with a big table, a sofa and armchairs.
The ancient building is well integrated with the minimal design furnishings that enhance its features.
The hi-tech kitchen in steel, well equipped, is furnished with a dishwasher and a modern wood cooker with oven, but also with two electric plates.
Well equipped and comfortable are the two bathrooms, both with showers.
8 beds are so distributed: a double sleeping room, a big sleeping room with a sofa-bed double or two single beds with relax and reading area and the possibility to add a small bed for children and a big mansard with balcony, with further 4 beds.
Basement with a room for skis and ski shoes, washtub and hobbies table.
A complete equipment of duvets, sheets, bathroom and table linen is provided.
Outside, in the big private grass, there is the stone that gives the name to the house.
- Electricity: once per object included in price .
- Parking facilities: per object and day included in price .
- Fuel for chimney/fireplace: per object and day included in price .
- Internet: per object and day included in price .
- Visitor's tax: per person and day Costs amounting to 2 CHF (Mandatory).
- Final cleaning: once per object Costs amounting to 150 CHF (Mandatory).
- Intermediate cleaning: per object and day according to consumption (Mandatory).
- Towels: per person and week available and included in price (Mandatory).
- Bed linen: per person and week available and included in price (Mandatory).
- Cot for children: per object and day available and included in price (Mandatory).
- Property area: 300 m²
- Enclosed with a hedge, a wall or a fence
- Number of kitchens: 1
- Number of living rooms: 1
- Number of toilets: 2
- Distance to next ski lift/mountain railway: 0.50 km
- Distance to next cross-country skiing trail: 0.50 km
- Distance to lake (Lago Maggiore): 25 km
- Distance to town (Locarno): 25 kmGet the full listing »