Come see for yourself why the Avett brothers, Jennifer Carpenter and other stars from the Hunger Games films have chosen to stay at this cabin. This place is just picture perfect! What makes it internationally known is its role in the Judd Apatow/HBO film, May It Last. One of the many reasons the cabin gets all this attention is the upscale and eclectic mix of furnishings assembled by the homeowners, who are film designers. The freestanding Yurt structure is also a very unique and appealing!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Yurt: Queen Bed
The cabin was originally built in the 1920's and has been remodeled with hardwood floors and tons of windows throughout. It has a large open floor plan, central air and heat, and a washer and dryer. The cabin is approximately 1,200 square feet in size, on two levels.
The cabin is perfect for a romantic getaway weekend, honeymoon, anniversary, small gatherings, or reunion for close friends. It is also pet friendly - 2 pets maximum and please don’t leave them at the house unattended.
It features a fully equipped kitchen with all the tools you need to cook like you are at home. Coffee is provided with your choice of a auto drip or coffee press method for your java.
If you want to experience sleeping in the Yurt or you're traveling with more than 6 people, the private and wonderful space is rented for an additional fee of $50 per night. The yurt's fully finished interior has electricity, heat, A/C, a queen-sized bed, wireless internet, and a ceiling fan. A quick walk through the back door of the cabin allows easy bathroom access and the pathway to it has nighttime exterior lighting.
Step outside the cabin or yurt and the magic continues. There are many outdoor areas to explore and enjoy. The front porch of the main cabin is flanked with 2 rocking chairs and all decks have comfortable seating to watch the world pass by at a slower pace - the locals call it 'Mountain Time'.
Three elevated decks offer choices for where to view nature areas behind the house. A beautiful wooded ½ acre with a large fire pit for songs is to be found down a path and over the bridge. Watch birds and wildlife while at one of the picnic tables set in a quaint patch of the yard. Night time lighting adds a fairytale ending to your day.
You will be hard pressed to find another luxury country cabin so close to all of these wonderful amenities, and also so beautiful that you won't want to leave!
-- THE LOCATION --
From the cabin, you'll be in the perfect location to explore all that the area has to offer. A nature retreat with sophistication, this property offers easy access to both downtown areas of Asheville and Black Mountain.
The food and beer selections get better every day it seems! Warren Wilson College is nearby and offers extensive hiking trails and an indoor lap pool open to the public. The Blue ridge parkway is also nearby.
If you're looking for a thrill, head out to Navitat Canopy Adventures, a side-by-side experience that features zip lines as high as 350 feet, to take in the sites of Asheville from a new perspective.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, 2 flat screen cable TVs with Roku & Netflix, free WiFi, 3 decks, patio furniture, fire pit, and more!
- Fantastic Swannanoa location, minutes from Black Mountain and Asheville! Easy access to hiking, mountain biking, fishing, golfing, horseback riding, ziplining, restaurants, shops, galleries, restaurants, and museums!
- If you're traveling with more than 6 people, a yurt is mandatory to rent for an additional fee of $50 per night. The yurt includes a queen-sized bed, a private deck, electricity, heat, and a ceiling fan
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Asheville Regional Airport - 61 Terminal Dr #1, Fletcher, NC 28732, (~27.7 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet-friendly with $35 per stay fee (maximum 2 pets allowed)
- No pets left unattended in the home. They must be taken along with you or crated when you leave
- No moving furniture throughout rooms
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »