A spacious newly refurbished villa directly on the beach in a tranquil location and walking distance from shops, restaurants and other beaches. The villa has stunning panoramic views of bay, nearby marina and islands. For a 24 hour webcam view of the beach, see Our villa is to the right of the sandbar.
The villa is in the front line to the beach in a small, low-rise development, very safe for pets and children, surrounded by well maintained, mature gardens. Just step through your own gate from the spacious patio onto the beach – admire the view – swim in the bay – or go for coastal walks in each direction.
The lounge is spacious with TV, DVD, chairs, two sofas and a large dining table. It features three sets of doors/windows with sensational views of the marina and the Mar Menor, and opens directly onto the terrace.
The open plan kitchen is fully fitted with microwave, dishwasher, oven & hob, waste disposal and large fridge. It is newly refurbished with granite work surfaces.
The master bedroom (first floor) has a double bed, fitted wardrobes, a balcony overlooking the beach and sensational views of the sea and a marina through floor to ceiling windows and door. The bathroom is on the same floor.
Also on the first floor is a twin with a sea glimpse from its balcony, sharing the bathroom with the master bedroom.
Upstairs on the second floor there is a double bedroom and a twin bedroom, both with sea views. These are attic rooms with sloping ceilings and two small windows (60cm x 30cm) in each, providing fantastic views across the marina and the Mar Menor. There is a second bathroom on this floor with a washing machine.
In the basement is a games room with sofas and a TV/DVD. The TV channel is set from the TV upstairs.
All rooms have windows that can be opened.
The Costa Calida (Warm Coast) extends for 250 kilometers (150 miles) and offers sandy beaches, natural coves, nature parks and salt flats. The area on average has less than 40 days of rain per year and the average temperature in January (the coolest month) average 16 degrees centigrade.
La Manga has more golf courses per square mile than any other region of Europe, including championship golf courses like the three at the famous La Manga Club resort, 20 minutes drive from the villa. The Mar Menor (Small Sea) is formed by a strip of land known as La Manga (the Sleeve), which creates a 170 sq kilometer (66 square mile) warm salt water lagoon, on the banks of which the Villa Itaca sits. The Mar Menor is both safe and warm (averaging 18 degrees even in winter months) providing safe conditions for recreational swimming and watersports including sailing, kayaking and windsurfing, all available for hire in high season.
• Spacious newly renovated beachside villa
• Large South West facing terrace with sunbathing loungers and 3 dining areas
• Walking distance from shops, restaurants and beach bars
• Free broadband and English TV channels
• Large lounge/dining room
• Sleeps up to eight
• Four bedrooms, all with sea views and 2 with balconies (one has only sea glimpse from the balcony)
• Two bathrooms
• Ground floor cloakroom
• Newly fitted kitchen
• TV/Play-room with subbuteo
• Fans in every room
• Own gate to a soft sand, palm fringed beach very safe for children
• Car parking
• Ideal for 1 or 2 families
• La Manga Golf Resort 20 mins drive
• Alicante Airport 90 mins drive
• Murcia Airport 40 mins drive
• Reduced price local airport transfers can be arranged
THINGS TO DO
• Admire the sea views from every floor
• Swim and snorkel in the calm, shallow waters of the bay
• Walk for miles along the coast path to other bays and beaches in both directions
• Walk across a raised underwater causeway to the island opposite the villa
• Have a BBQ on your terrace
• Eat at the many beach bars
• Watch the sunsets from your terrace or one of the beach bars
• Visit the children’s fairground, 3 minutes walk
• Buy top quality meat, cheese, fruit, vegetables and wine at low prices in the local supermarket, 5 minutes walk
• Buy fresh fish from the fishmonger, 10 minutes walk
• Shop for clothes and souvenirs in the Plaza Bohemia, 10 minutes walk
• Visit the many restaurants within walking distance
• Catch up on your emails with our reliable broadband, or watch English Channels on TV (similar to Freeview)
• Walk via the Mediterranean beach or catch a local bus to the historic fishing harbour of Cabo de Palos, with its many fish restaurants (1 hour’s walk)
• Drive to the many surrounding historical sites with ancient churches and Roman ruins at Cartagena, Murcia and Lorca.
• Drive to the many golf courses in the area, including the famous La Manga Club Resort, which features 3 championship golf courses, a tennis centre with 28 courts, 8 football pitches, a spa, outdoor pools, and a 2,000 sq m fitness centre (20 minutes drive)
• Watch a local fiesta procession on certain dates of the year
The villa is 40 minutes drive from Murcia airport and 90 minutes from Alicante, serviced by all the low budget airlines.
You can book a taxi transfer with us at a substantially reduced rate, or pre-arrange car hire on line.Get the full listing »