This beautiful barn conversion, looking out over fields in the sleepy hamlet of As Lobeiras in the Rias Altas of Galicia The house is very light, pretty and fully equipped with everything you could want for a relaxing holiday.
Comfortably and stylishly furnished, decorated and designed with a great feeling of space, it is a haven of peace, ideal for those wanting to get away from it all.
There is plenty of outdoor space too, with an attractive patio for eating out and an enclosed garden at the side of the house. At the back there is a very pretty courtyard with a fountain made from the original slate roof of the barn, which is shared with the owners who live in the main farmhouse across the way.
It is a short drive down to the old town of Mino on the coast and to a choice of wonderful, sandy beaches. You are within easy reach of the lively cities of A Coruna and El Ferrol and nearer at hand medieval Pontedeume and Betanzos with its Celtic origins. Two impressive ruined monasteries are literally down the road as are Las Fragas do Eume, one of the remaining Atlantic forests in Europe with all sorts of outdoor activities such as kayaking, trout fishing, surfing (about 45 minutes away in Pantin).
Large enclosed drive, rough grass garden and walled patio area. From this to stable style front door which opens into very spacious open plan living room/kitchen.
Stable style back door from this room opens onto a low walled patio (for clients' use only) and a very pretty courtyard with a fountain (this is shared with the owners).
From living room/kitchen to cloakroom and two bedrooms (one with bunk beds and one with two singles and an en-suite bathroom).
Up stairs from living room/kitchen to a landing. Off this, two bedrooms (two doubles with en suite bathrooms).
* 2 Double Bedrooms En-suite
* 1 Double Bedroom En-Suite Shower
* 1 Single Room with Bunk Beds
* Sleeps 8
* Large Open Plan Kitchen / Reception Room
* Downstairs Cloakroom
* Private Garden
* Private Driveway for 3/4 cars
* WiFi / TV & DVD Machine
* Fully Furnished
* White Goods (Washing Machine, Dishwasher, Fridge Freezer)
* Generous 'Welcome Pack'
As Lobeiras is a tiny hamlet, in a beautiful country area between A Coruna and El Ferrol in the Rias Altas area of Galicia, just twelve kilometres to the fantastic beaches of Playa de Mino, Perbes, Insua, Ber and more.
There are no facilities here, but just a kilometre away is a bar/restaurant and a little further on at A Feira do Tres an excellent bakery and other bars.
About 7 minutes away at Monfero there is an excellent municipal swimming pool, a health centre and two restaurants.
Mino, on the coast, ten kilometres away is well supplied with little shops and bars and restaurants and a very good supermarket with exceptional local fish.
* Fantastic sandy beaches within an easy drive - Playas de Mino, Perbes, Insua, Ber, Sada
* Surfing courses at Mino, Valdovino, and internationally renowned Pantin.
* Sailing courses at Sada.
* Amazing Natural park of Fragas Do Eume - one of the best conserved forests in Europe - great for walking, cycling, swimming, kayaking, horseriding and birdwatching.
* Visit the ruined monasteries of Caaveiro (founded in 934) and Monfero (C12th) and its church with a chequerboard facade.
* Wander round charming, medieval Pontedeume on the estuary of the same name.
* Soak in the culture of Betanzos with its Celtic origins.
* Make easy day trips to the cities of El Ferrol and A Coruna
* Delight in the local markets at Pontedeume (Saturdays) and Mino (Sundays).
* Feast on the local specialties (fish and seafood galore) at the numerous restaurants in the area.
This is a relatively remote corner of Spain but is well served by air:
From Heathrow with Vueling to La Coruña
From Stansted with Ryanair to Santiago
From Gatwick with Easyjet and Vueling to Santiago
From Edinburgh to Vigo with Ryanair
Good motorway links now make ferry travel a real possibility (La Coruña is just 4hours 30mins from Santander)
Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao – 5 sailings weekly.Get the full listing »