Granada & Sierra Nevada in one. Homestay apartment for 6 persons in "Barrio de Monachil", a lovely village next to Granada, in the slopes of the Sierra Nevada with stunning views over the city and awesome hiking trails and rock-climbing sites nearby.
Note: The spaces (rooms, living room, bathroom, kitchen, rooftop-terrace) are not shared, but we might meet in the hallway since I live there, too (I have my own spaces).
PLEASE READ THE DETAILED DESCRIPTION BEFORE SENDING A BOOKING REQUEST
Note: It is necessary to climb one to two flights of stairs and there are pets (1 dog and 1 cat).
- Double bed 140x200cm (55" x 80"), big corner sofa (can be used as an extra bed, see photos) + coffee table + closet with clothes-hangers.
- 2 single beds 90 x 190cm (35" x 75"; can be moved together for a 180x190cm bed), desk, 1-2 chairs, closet with clothes-hangers.
Note: A single fold-up bed can be placed either in Room 1 or in Room 2, according to your needs and wishes.
- open bath tub with shower; towels, shampoo & conditioner, shower gel, soap, toothpaste, toilet paper and hair dryer are provided.
- 42' Television (only Spanish TV channels, but several movies in English with Spanish subtitles)
- Cooking only allowed for stays longer than 3 days, but the fridge, oven, microwave, coffee machine, water-cooker etc. can be used
LARGE ROOFTOP TERRACE & BALCONY
- Smoking permitted areas (smoking is not permitted inside the house)
- free WiFi Internet connection (for normal use; not for video streaming and other high bandwidth applications/high data consumption activities)
- bedding, clean linens and fresh towels
- In Winter: Gas heaters with standard security system (carbon monoxide detector and automatic shutdown-system).
- All beds are equipped with electric blankets (in Winter).
- Free parking in the streets
- The location is very well connected by bus, which takes you from Granada city center and drops you off close to the door.
- All kinds of amenities are available in the surroundings. Bar-Restaurant with nice terrasse next door for good and cheap breakfast, lunch and dinner (they prepare traditional Spanish food). Bakery in front of the door (open 7 days/week), organic foods store next door, bank, veterinarian, dentist, further bars, restaurants and cafeterías in less than 5 minutes walking distance.
Great hiking trails (river gorges, waterfalls, hanging bridges, etc.) and rock-climbing sites nearby, also within walking distance.
Sierra Nevada Ski Resort 26 km away
Granada Town Center 7 km away
Hiking trail and rock-climbing site "Los Cahorros" at 3.5 km walking distance
Other hiking trails in the Sierra Nevada National Park close by
Beach on the Costa Tropical about 65 km away
TO BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT:
There are 2 pets (a dog and a cat), therefore it is not recommended for people allergic to them. Although the house is clean, there still might be some hairs around.
Brought pets must be friendly with people and other pets, and well behaved. They are not allowed on the sofas or beds, nor are they allowed to be left alone and unsupervised in the room or house when the owners leave.
Owners are required to bring a bed or blanket for their pets and to clean up any hairs, dirt, etc. from their pet.
There are dogs in the neighbourhood (they sometimes bark and howl, at times all of them collectively at once); in spring and summer you can hear frogs croaking or crickets chirping during night-time, and occasionally the craw of a rooster or the screeching of a peacock somewhere at ungodly hours. Occasionally on weekends neighbours might make some noise until late (Spain is known for being a rather noisy country).
Cooking is only permitted for stays longer thatn 3 days, but there is a microwave, oven, fridge, electric kettle, coffee machine, etc. that can be used
This is a homestay and the cleaning is done by myself. I don't charge you any cleaning fees, therefore guests are expected to keep the place clean and tidy, and leave it behind in the same shape as they encountered it at arrival (to clean and put things back to their places, make sure not to leave any stains in the toilet, take own garbage to the containers outside, etc.).
This place is NOT in walking distance to Granada town center, you have to take the bus or use a car/bike/any other vehicle. Please don't send a booking request when you're not 100% fine with the location of this place.
Thank you very much and enjoy your stay!Get the full listing »