Dream Page La Guardia, in Sierra Mágina (Jaén), in the Cerro de San Cristóbal next to the hermitage of San Sebastián and in front of the mountainous massif dominated by the highest peaks of the province. It has four duplex townhouses fully equipped with kitchen-dining room (they have basic utensils, sink, toaster, coffee maker, stove, refrigerator and microwave), living room with fireplace, sofas, bedroom, bathroom and heating-AA. DC.
The duplexes have six seats each. The beds are in a single bedroom located on the first floor of each house, arranged in three bunk beds respectively. Linen and towels are provided for each guest.
The whole complex is within a single enclosure fenced in a large area with communal pool and barbecues, parking area, etc. The place has spectacular views of the valley that opens to the southeast, between mountains, olive groves, rivers and old roads.
The silence, the tranquility, the song of the birds and the coolness of your nights will make you enjoy unforgettable days. From the enclosure, either on foot or on mountain bike, you can start several hiking trails of different difficulty, time, altitude, etc. or you can simply take a walk at sunset to enjoy the spectacular views of nature that surrounds us.
The town, La Guardia de Jaén, is only three km away. The kindness, friendliness and closeness of its people will make you feel at home. The village has all the essential services: shops, banks, bars, restaurants, pubs, health center, pharmacy, church and magnificent monuments to visit. Its historical heritage ranges from the first human settlements in the Neolithic, the Ancient Age (Iberian and Roman), the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, to practically the present time. The municipality has 35 cultural assets, three of them declared, highlighting the Old Convent of the Dominicans, designed by Andrés de Vandelvira.
Extra virgin olive oil is perhaps our most popular product, known and relevant. Jaén and province is today the main producer of the world, both for quality and quantity. Sierra Mágina, also has its own designation of origin, which regulates the quality in the production of saw oils, with extraordinary peculiarities of taste, smell and color, without doubt referring to the highest level of quality. They will be able to acquire this precious product directly in the mills. The best memory: green gold, soul of our land.
What to do?
In La Guardia de Jaén you can visit important monuments: the Old Convent of the Dominicans, the Old Convent of Santo Domingo (where the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption is currently located), the Castle (strength of considerable dimensions. From its keep, an impressive panoramic view of the Sierra Mágina, Sierra Morena and the fields of La Loma is contemplated. The Plaza de Isabel II, a Renaissance enclave, with its fountain of the five pipes (16th century), the Fountain of María Magdalena, etc.
As archaeological sites in the area include: Cave Cabrera (First human settlements, 4,000 years before Christ). Barranquillo and Ejido of Las eras de San Sebastián (different Iberian and Roman necropolises), Cerro Salido and Cerro de las Covachuelas, (Visigoth anthropomorphic burials), etc.
The Sierra Mágina natural park, with its peaks of more than two thousand meters, plagued by forests, fountains, caves, trails, ancient roads, places of natural, historical and ethnological interest, has a multitude of routes for all tastes and levels physical, where you can practice various activities in nature: hiking, mountain, climbing, mountain biking, paragliding, photography, observation of the rich flora and fauna, etc.
Cultural and gastronomic routes can also be made through the nearby cities and towns: Jaén (capital of the province at 10 km.), Pegalajar, Cambil and other villages of Sierra Mágina, Úbeda and Baeza (world heritage cities), Granada (to 80 km.) etc.
Mágina Dream La Guardia is located in the Cerro de San Cristóbal, next to the hermitage of San Sebastián, located at three km. of La Guardia de Jaén, following the indicators: "Rural shelters". You can get to La Guardia de Jaén by the A-44 motorway and the N-323a and JA-3200 roads. We are 13 km from Jaén, 60 km from Úbeda and 80 km from Granada.
We have geolocated in Google Maps the rural complex as "Magina Dream La Guardia", if you have Google Maps on your mobile, the browser will bring you here easily.
The GPS coordinates are: 37 ° 44'12. 7 "N 3 ° 43'20.7" W
Common sense, education and respect for others, are our general rule, please keep it in mind
• Access not allowed to unregistered persons. The visits require prior authorization by the management.
• Never use liquid fuels to light the fireplace, only ignition pads. Watch before going to sleep that the fire is off and make proper use of it, too much firewood can cause a fire. If there is smoke in the room, please ventilate it by opening doors and windows. Do not cook in the fireplace, that's what the outdoor barbecues are for.
• Children accompanying you are your responsibility: at home and abroad, always in the company of an adult, essential in the pool.
• When you leave the house, always carry your keys and remember that you must leave the main door and the outer door unlocked
• The natural park where you are is perfectly preserved. Never leave anything abandoned in your walks, deposit your waste in the places enabled for that purpose, and please respect nature. When observing wild fauna, do it in silence and remember that it is totally forbidden to make fire, collect plants, trap or disturb the animals and travel on roads with unauthorized vehicles.
• PETS: Admitted after consultation and authorization. Races considered dangerous are not allowed. In no case can use beds, sofas, furniture or pool.
• In no case can you leave your pet alone outside or inside the house. Your pet always with you, she is also on vacation.
• The needs of your pet always outside the rural complex
• Any deterioration, breakage, stain, etc. produced in the appliances of the apartment / room / exterior etc. for your pet, for you or your companions, it will entail for you, the imputation of the economic charge that corresponds for its restitution, repair or cleaning.
Let's leave nature as we have found it, the conservation of natural heritage is everyone's responsibility.
Check-In: From 3:00 PM Hours / Check-out: Before 12:00 HoursGet the full listing »