Sonoma Solstice is a unique property which provides our guests with a true Sonoma Valley Vineyard experience. We are situated in the heart of Sonoma valley, surrounded by vineyards, with breathtaking views of the Mayacamus mountains which rise up from the valley floor. As you gaze out our picture windows, you will see nothing but the beauty of nature for miles around.
Our large open kitchen is perfect for entertaining and offers plenty of room for family and friends to gather while the meal is being prepared. We have a dining room off the kitchen which seats six, and two outdoor seating areas which views of the surrounding vineyards and hills.
Downstairs are two large bedrooms, a master with a king bed and a second bedroom with a queen bed. Both bedrooms take advantage of the views with large windows.
The upstairs loft has a bunk bed with a full size bed which sleeps two on the bottom, and a twin bed on top. Perfect for parents and a young child or several children. The loft is expansive and doubles as a great kids' playroom.
During the summer, you’ll see the green grape vines, the golden rolling hills, lots of blooming roses. Watch the two hummingbirds who seem to endlessly collect pollen in front of the windows. Forage the garden beds for tomatoes, squash, cilantro, peppers—whatever is in season. Pick the ripe plum, apricot, or apple before a bird beats you to it. During the winter months you’ll be cozying up to the electric fireplace and take-in the green landscape surrounding Sonoma Solstice. As spring approaches, the land is covered tall, bright yellow flowers of mustard.
With 3,000+ sq. ft. of living space, the house has a comfortable layout with multiple distinct areas. The main living area is open with sitting areas (couch, and fireplace with chairs) and a long dining table. The living area extends into a large gourmet kitchen (equipped and stocked well), with a four bar stools under the counter at one end. On either side of the living room, you’ll find a patio. One is with an outdoor couch area and grill, the other is with a table and chairs. Both patios have grape vines growing on them and have amazing views.
The two bedrooms downstairs — also known as The Sunrise Room and The Sunset Room—are privately situated at either end of the house. Both bedrooms have king beds and large closets. The master bedroom includes its own sitting area to watch the sunset and an en-suite bathroom a jet tub. The Sunrise Room is has large windows on 3 walls, making it the ideal place to watch the sunrise with, perhaps, breakfast in bed. The second bathroom (includes tub/shower) is conveniently located in the hallway, both close to the Sunset Room and entryway, and the stairs.
A very large and very open space is on the second floor. You’ll want to look out all the windows here for a slightly different view. A bunkbed (twin over full mattresses) is perfect for kids, as is the open layout for playing. And, for the vacationer who must do a little work, a desk is aligned to give you a view even while you work. Note, all mattresses are new.
Sonoma Solstice is a short drive from SF - it usually takes us ~40 mins north of the Golden Gate Bridge. When you get here, you’ll drive along a long gravel driveway on a 3+ acre lot. The house has a country feel, secluded and away from commercial entities. When you’re ready to adventure, walk over (<5 mins) to taste wine at Robledo Winery. Or, drive 10 minutes and explore downtown Sonoma. Sonoma Plaza is an historic site known for quality food and drinks, boutique shops, and some history too. Several Sonoma wineries are a couple miles away, Glen Ellen is 9 miles away, Napa is 15 miles away (check out Silverado Trail as an alternative to mainstream Napa), and the Sonoma Racetrack is 7 miles away.
Some important notes about the house:
• The house is built on a large concrete slab, regardless of season, the house is generally around 65/68 degrees with no heat or AC. You’ll notice it much cooler inside the house during summer months. That’s why there is no air conditioning.
• There is general heating throughout the house.
• There is no television. Instead, you’ll find plenty of games to play and books to read from our library shelves. Internet is available for those interested in streaming.
• The house is accessible to those who may have difficulty climbing stairs. Almost the entire house (and all essential amenities) are located on the ground floor with not even one stair.
• Children are welcome. There is a Baby Bjorn travel crib that your little one is welcome to use on property, as well as various toys and art supplies.
• The house is in the country so there is wildlife (birds, snails, geckos, frogs, and an occasional snake). Please keep doors (screen or glass) closed at all times so you don’t have visitors.
Thank you for considering Sonoma Solstice. If you have any questions, please contact us. In the meantime, have a beautiful day.
Rules: [[taken from a different listing. we probably want something like this]]
• Please drive slowly (5 mph!) on the driveway, otherwise our neighbors are left in the dust.
• Sonoma County mandates Quiet Hours between 10pm - 9am. These hours are strictly enforced, especially for vacation rental properties. Abiding to this rule is actually a requirement of the rental permit. We appreciate our guests cooperation to ensure that we can continue to share our home.
• Please take all conversations inside after 10pm
• Please keep screendoors or glass doors closed at all times and keep the wildlife outside.
• This is not a party house
• No amplified music allowed
• -As specified in our Sonoma County Vacation Permit, we ask that you have no more than 6 guests (excluding children under 3) overnight.
• Additionally, please remember that pets and smoking are not allowed on the property.
We hope your vacation amazing time at Sonoma Solstice. While doing so, please be respectful of our home, neighbors and Sonoma County rules.
TOT: 3290NGet the full listing »