Follow the garden path past the main house to "The Perch", a Depression Era guest cottage. Once used as the current owner's art studio, The Perch has a commanding view of Puget Sound, it's islands, ships, and sea life, and the Olympic Mountains beyond.
It's well known that summers in Seattle are incredible but fall and winter storms can be spectacular to watch from The Perch as they forge their way across Puget Sound.
Surrounded by windows, the main level includes a full kitchen and a studio layout with a small dining table, queen bed, two leather chairs, and TV/DVD. Take the narrow funky stairs (companionway?) to the lower level where you'll find the bathroom, a small dressing room, and a door to your own private hillside deck. There is no air conditioning, but screened windows and doors and the breeze off Puget Sound keeps the air moving and cooler.
Short walk to the following:
- Buses to downtown Seattle
(Easy access to stadiums for Sounder, Seahawks, and Mariners games)
- 2 neighborhood restaurants and bakery
- Lincoln Park and outdoor saltwater pool (pool open Memorial Day to Labor Day only)
- Fauntleroy Ferry dock
- Local beach access 2 blocks to each of 2 beaches
Also located in West Seattle within 5 miles of The Lookout:
- Alki Beach - A true beach community with beach volleyball, fire rings, restaurants, great people watching, a passenger ferry to downtown, and the best view of downtown in all Seattle.
- The Alaska Junction - A vast variety of restaurants, brew pubs, deli's, bakeries, and our own Easy Street Records (they sell vinyl and breakfast!)
- The Admiral Junction - Similar to the Alaska Junction but with a flavor all it's own. And a movie theater!
(FYI: these "junctions" are where SW Alaska Street and Admiral Way SW each cross the main West Seattle north-south street, California Ave SW. There is also the smaller, but closer Morgan Junction about 2 miles from The Lookout.)
- Westwood Village Shopping Center - Very near The Lookout with a variety of stores (Target, Marshall's), restaurants (Starbucks, Vatsana's Thai) and other stores for your convenience (QFC, Rite Aid Pharmacy).
- Queen size bed
- Full Kitchen with sink, refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, teapot
- Basic cable Xfinity and DVD player
- Wireless Internet
- Street parking (free)
Sorry but no smoking and no pets.
PLEASE NOTE: Seattle is a very progressive (some might say aggressive) recycle-conscious community. Detailed instructions for how to separate waste and receptacles for each type of waste are located in the unit. We understand that it may be a little confusing at first but with just a little effort, and reading, it's actually pretty easy to accomplish. If after your stay we feel an honest attempt hasn't been made to separate the waste we may deduct a portion of your deposit. If we don't separate it we get nasty notes and even fines from the city. Thank you in advance for your efforts!
The Perch Cottage is accessed by short garden path and 6 steps down to the front porch.
Also, see our apartment in the main house, "The Lookout", for additional accommodations. Look for #611099.Get the full listing »