This 1910 carriage house is a separate 850 sq. foot home in the beautiful back garden of owner's historic family property in old town Sausalito (a breathtaking fisherman’s seaside town right over San Francisco golden gate bridge).
Note: Given the current short term rental laws in Sausalito, the carriage house has a minimum 30 day rental period. If you wish to stay for over 30 days, the nightly rate after that is equal to the monthly rate divided by 30. Aside from month to month rentals, we also welcome long term leases (e.g. up to 12 months).
The carriage house is currently fully furnished and rents for $4,200/month. It can also be rented unfurnished for $3,800/month.
The monthly rent INCLUDES all services such as free parking, wifi, basic cable TV, water, trash, composting, and electricity up to $80/month (most months are well under $80 except colder months Dec-Feb which can be slightly more if renter uses more heating. If so, renter simply covers any amount over $80 on PG&E bill.
Cottage features include:
• arrive to a welcome tray with a seasonal, organic treat from Owner's favorite local coffee shop to help you settle into the moment.
• be inspired by the home's wonderful character throughout interior - fresh and airy painted all white interior and lovely hardwood floors, bead board ceilings and trim, shingle exterior. Renovated kitchen with granite countertops, appliances, and tile flooring. Victorian-style pedestal sink in bathroom with shower. Bedroom upstairs is on its own floor with high ceilings and lovely hardwood floors reminiscent of boat deck flooring. Partial view of san francisco bay from front porch, as well as your living room, kitchen, and upstairs bedroom for watching sailboat on SF Bay. Private garden entrance through picket fence with easy street parking using owner's free guest parking pass that is provided during your stay.
• convenient access to inspire walking and public transportation - only 2 blocks to the waterfront, restaurants and public transportation bus stop, grocery store and laundromat/dry cleaning service, 10 minutes to the Sausalito ferry terminal and shopping boutiques in town in one direction, and marin headlands national park in the other direction. 15 minutes into San Francisco across the golden gate or 30-45 minutes by bicycle.
• fully furnished with all necessities including queen size bed, dining table and chairs, side tables, couch, rugs, dishware and much more all in owner signature urban farmhouse style . Enjoy one-of-a-kind vintage items hand selected by owner at antique markets around the world designed to inspire you to slow down, simplify, and live life with passion.
• enjoy owner’s favorite decorating magazines and spiritual awakening, travel, organic cooking and lifestyle books.
NOTE: this is a non-smoking property. No smoking is allowed inside the property or anywhere on property garden or exterior grounds.
If renting fully furnished, we have a remove shoes policy for all guests and visitors. This helps to keep cottage fresh and allergy free. We provide a convenient boot tray for guests to park shoes. Thank you!Get the full listing »