You will forever treasure your family's vacation in this amazing Dune Allen Beach gulf front home, About Time. The stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico from the living room, the dining room, the kitchen and all four bedrooms, two of which are master bedrooms, are simply unbelievable. Designed with a large family in mind, this beautifully furnished and very spacious three story home presents an enormous open living area which allows your family great together time, as well as provides plenty of rooms for relaxing on one's own. About Time will take no time at all to become the favorite vacation home of its guests. The owners of About Time have committed to donate a share of their rental proceeds to the Emerald Coast Children's Advocacy Center.
About Time is located directly on Dune Allen Beach, an extraordinarily beautiful beach village where you will discover family vacation beach homes between the Gulf of Mexico and two “unique to the world” coastal dune lakes, Stallworth Lake and Oyster Lake. Dune Allen Beach is an amazing place to experience your Florida vacation, especially if you are a nature lover, as the beach and rare coastal dune lakes present nature like no other place in the world. This gorgeous 30A community is a favorite of beach vacationers who appreciate a quiet family beach, luxury beach vacation homes and old-Florida cottages, all near to plenty of family activities, boutiques and dining. The fine restaurants and cafes within walking distance of Dune Allen Beach make it a pure joy to stroll on over to La Playa or Stinky’s Fish House. Perhaps an afternoon snack or ice cream at Lucille’s Gossip Parlor will be your destination. Your family is sure to enjoy the Scenic 30A bike trail which runs from Dune Allen Beach all the way to Inlet Beach and is just across from About Time.
3000 sq ft living space, extra large rooms, all with HIGH CEILINGS, both floors
* Two story home directly ON the white sandy BEACH
* Generously equipped open KITCHEN has full BEACH VIEW to watch the kids on the beach while preparing meals
* Additional 1000 sq ft of direct BEACHFRONT BALCONY DECK space, (not including staircase and shower deck landings), with ZERO OBSTRUCTIONS in view. NO BETTER BEACH VIEW in all of Northwest Florida!
* BALCONIES are perfect for quiet morning coffee, peaceful evening wine, and WATCHING the KIDS play in the sand and surf all day. They also provide the perfect beach experience for those guests who prefer to enjoy it at a distance, in the shade, but still enjoy being with the crew.
* ALL 4 BEDROOMS have KING beds and directly FACE the BEACH, each with private, furnished, covered BALCONIES, all with private BATHROOMS and flat screen TVS
* TWO large MASTER SUITES with KING beds have luxurious bathrooms including JACUZZI tubs. One master is on the MAIN FLOOR, perfect for multi-generational family reunions with GRANDPARENTS who need to minimize climbing stairs
* BONUS BUNK ROOM upstairs (essentially a 5th bedroom) has beautiful panoramic LAKE VIEW of Oyster Lake. The lake is steps from the front driveway, one of the RARE few coastal dune lakes in all the world. This room includes 4 TWINS as bunks, and a new QUEEN trundle style SOFA BED, game TABLE (for cards, puzzles, board games), WET BAR, COFFEE MAKER, MINI FRIDGE, flat screen TV, small selection of novels, plus plenty of extra storage DRAWERS.
* Upstairs MASTER SUITE has a convenient WRITING DESK for those who have to do a little bit of quiet work to help pay for these gorgeous vacations.
* One of the 3 upstairs bedrooms is especially suited for YOUNG FAMILIES, with a King bed + 2 TWINS as bunks, perfect for those SMALL CHILDREN who need to sleep close to mom and dad but mom and dad still have their own bed, OR for that group of guests who enjoy all those late night GIGGLY GAB FESTS in bed
* Additional HALF BATH conveniently located on MAIN floor
* Home is situated on QUIET section of beach, not close to main public access which insures always AMPLE FRONT ROW space at the SURF, just a few steps from the home. You're not walking down some boardwalk or climbing a sand dune or walking between houses or across the street or through some hot parking lot, or waiting on an elevator to get to the beach. You are right there. So easy to run back and forth into house for drinks, restroom, or to start dinner, etc. So convenient to carry towels, toys, snacks to the surf.
* CEILING FANS in every room
* Free WIFI reaches to the BEACH - yes, it's THAT close, but unplugging is highly recommended...until time for that perfect family/group/couples SUNSET PHOTO on an uncrowded, PRISTINE BEACH! Do pack the selfie sticks! There are no better beach backdrops in all of northwest Florida for those priceless portraits.
* Exceptional EXTRAS suitable for large GROUPS including :
-All 6 TVs have Tivo recording/searching options with smart streaming options such as Netflix, HBO Go, Pandora, Spotify
- Each TV has a DVD player
- Internet speed 100 Mbps
- 40 inch TV in great room
- 3 COFFEE MAKERS plus extra THERMAL CARAFE
- 2 four slice TOASTERS plus a TOASTER OVEN
- CROCK POT, 3 stock pots, plus generous supply of large serving dishes, pitchers, pots and pans for feeding a large crew
- 2 REFRIGERATORS downstairs, one with ICEMAKER, plus MINI FRIDGE upstairs
- substantial DVD collection, but RED BOX is only 2 blocks away at Tom Thumb convenience store
- 2 electric pumps for your INFLATABLES
- outdoor GRILL with full selection of bbq tools
- crab NETS and FLASHLIGHTS
- SAND CASTLE toys
- pre-wired AUDIO HOOKUP provided to play your favorite playlist on the STEREO in the great room
- ample PARKING for at least 6 VEHICLES or more, uncommon in vacation rentals
- Extra large lot, LOTS OF SPACE BETWEEN NEIGHBORS
* Private OUTDOOR SHOWER to conveniently rinse sand and salt water
* Optimal area lighting allows for exceptional STARGAZING contrasted with the beautiful Destin night SKYLINE in the distance, another unique rarity!
* TWO OUTDOOR TABLES on the spacious deck with seating for 8..... Beautiful sunset view for dinners cooked at home, or a relaxing drinks, or special dessert
* STUNNING unobstructed panoramic SUNSET VIEW also while DINING INDOORS as well, with table seating for 12 and long bar SEATING for 6, for a total of 18!
* BEDDING includes 4 KINGS, 1 FULL beds, 6 TWINS, new QUEEN SOFA bed, for a total bed sleeping of 16
* Popular restaurants, STINKY'S and THE VUE are LITERALLY within WALKING distance on the beach, beautiful at sunset, each about a half mile down the beach. But even a frozen pizza on your own balcony is the exact same view as at the gourmet restaurant.
* BIKE path right out front, connected to miles of gorgeous trails, perfect for off beach JOGGING or bike rentals fun
* Salt water surf fishing out back, fresh water/ brackish lake FISHING out front. So unique!
* You will LOVE being tucked away in a small community AWAY from the TRAFFIC of Destin, with a convenient downsized Walmart (we call it "SMALLMART") less than 5 miles away to easily run get something. They stay well stocked with everything. Don't waste your precious vacation spending hours daily in Destin traffic. IT IS WELL WORTH THE LITTLE EXTRA DRIVE TO GET HERE. (But don't tell anyone else our secret.)
* Popular touristy communities like SEASIDE are just a few miles down the road. Fun to visit, shop and dine, but you will enjoy leaving the crowds returning to your quiet stretch of paradise.
Note: This is the OWNERS' private home away from home and they actually live here part of the year and graciously provide many extras that are not typically available in the common sparsely accommodated vacation rental. They genuinely want their guests to make fantastic memories in their beautiful home, just as they have for decades with their own family on the beach. While the property is professionally managed, the owners are meticulous about the upkeep since they reside here several months during the year. Guests truly get the the BEST of BOTH worlds. PROFESSIONAL TOP QUALITY MANAGEMENT and on- site service, plus all the luxurious OWNERS' SPECIAL TOUCHES.
Spring $5,500 · Spring Break $6,000 · Summer $7,600 · Early Fall $5,400 · Late Fall $5,000 · Winter $3,850
**rates do not include applicable tax and fee
-->7 night minimum during spring break and summer season.
-->4 night minimum all other datesGet the full listing »