This San Diego 2-bed, 1-bath vacation rental cottage blends comfort and beauty in the charming, walkable area of Kensington. This home provides 5 travelers with a location close to Coronado Beach, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, Old Town, Balboa Park, and more! Relax in the living room with original art and mid-century modern flair, grill and dine al fresco on the patio, or enjoy a leisurely stroll to cafes, wine bars and nearby eateries. Live like a local, while sightseeing like a tourist!
-- THE PROPERTY --
** This property features a 10% weekly discount indefinitely and a 20% monthly discount for 2019! **
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed | Additional Sleeping: Twin Air Mattress, Portable Crib
Welcome to your San Diego home-away-from-home! Relax in this charming 2-bedroom cottage with hardwood floors, centrally located in the hip, historic neighborhood of Kensington. You'll enjoy both essential amenities such as high-speed wireless internet connection and in-unit laundry machines along with the incredible location 10 to 15 minutes from popular attractions including Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and the beautiful balmy beaches of Coronado Island.
In the living room, relax on the spacious mid-century modern sectional, or watch your favorite shows on the flat-screen cable TV.
After an adventurous day, visit one of the abundant farmer's markets such as Stehly's Market for local organic veggies and sustainable food. Once home, head outside to the little backyard oasis and grill on the vintage-style gas grill while fellow guests lounge on the outdoor furniture.
Back inside, cook in the fully equipped kitchen with a gas stove, microwave, deluxe pots, pans, cutlery, cooking oil and spices. Enjoy a selection of teas and organic coffee, provided by the homeowner, with the Keurig and Braun coffeemakers. Savor your mouthwatering homemade creations around the antique farm table comfortably seating 4 to 5 guests.
Enjoy a soothing shower or bath in the full bathroom remodeled with tiled shower and bathtub before retreating to one of the two cozy bedrooms, furnished with a down pillow-top queen bed and Sealy Posturepedic full bed. Plus, traveling families will love the convenience of the portable crib and twin-sized air mattress available upon request. Wake up feeling refreshed and ready for another day in beautiful San Diego!
-- THE LOCATION --
Nestled in the quaint and historic neighborhood of Kensington, this sunny San Diego rental property provides guests with easy access to all of America's Finest City's major attractions and destinations!
Stroll the tree-lined streets of this walkable neighborhood to delicious restaurants on Kensington's adorable main drag, Adams Avenue. Dine at Kensington Cafe, Fish Public, Blue Boheme, The Haven Pizzeria, Ponce's Mexico Food, Burger Lounge, and Vino Village Wine Bar, all within a 1-minute drive or pleasant 10-minute walk from the house. Meet friendly locals at the corner coffee house, library and neighborhood park, or take in an independent film at the Ken Cinema. Several nice grocery stores are located within a mile, and a brand new state-of-the-art YMCA is just a few blocks away.
Drive a few minutes down Adams Avenue to the vibrant neighborhoods of Normal Heights, North Park, South Park, University Heights and Hillcrest where more eateries, breweries, coffee houses, art galleries and boutiques await you! A trolley station and bus stop are also nearby if you want to take public transportation to see the sights.
For a fun family outing, head to the San Diego Zoo located only 4 miles away! See animals from all over the world and enjoy special experiences such as an Inside Look Tour. Afterward, explore Balboa Park, a 1,200-acre urban cultural park with museums, gardens, shops, and more.
Enjoy all of your favorite coastal pastimes at nearby Coronado Beach, such as swimming, boogie boarding and boating, plus visit the iconic Hotel Del Coronado for a delicious waterfront meal. Rent kayaks or paddle boards and explore the sea life around San Diego Bay. Venture 20 minutes north to La Jolla to see wild harbor seals, kayak through caves, shop in upscale boutiques and enjoy seafood along the deep blue Pacific.
Beer enthusiasts will find dozens of local microbreweries in San Diego's vibrant craft brewing scene. Just minutes from the house, enjoy Kensington Brewing, California Tap Room, Fall Brewing Company, The Brew Project, and Ballast Point, among others. Head to Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens for refreshing craft beer, bocce, and delicious international cuisine.
During your vacation, you're near the San Diego Convention Center, Petco Park, USS Midway Museum, Old Town San Diego, Qualcomm Stadium and the San Diego International Airport. You’re only a half-hour drive from Legoland and Safari Park. Close to home, enjoy dozens of popular eateries and shops in the vibrant neighborhoods of Kensington, Normal Heights, North Park, and Hillcrest just minutes away!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, central heat and air-conditioning, in-unit laundry machines, gas grill, private furnished backyard oasis, flat-screen cable TV, DVD player, CD player, quality coffee and tea, Keurig coffee machine, high-speed free WiFi, complimentary toiletries, fresh towels, portable crib, stroller, booster seat, children's toys and games, single-car garage parking spot for a small or mid-sized car along with ample free street parking, and much more
- Central San Diego location - This well-located home provides guests with easy access to major destinations such as Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, San Diego Convention Center, and Coronado Island! Plus, enjoy fresh-caught seafood, authentic Mexican Food, and local, California cuisine minutes from the home. You're only 15 minutes from San Diego's three major universities, SDSU, USD, and UC San Diego
- Nearest Commercial Airport: San Diego International Airport (~ 9 miles away)
- This property features a 15% weekly discount indefinitely and a 20% monthly discount for 2019!
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- NOTE: This home can sleep 4 guests in beds and 1 more on the twin air mattress with an extra fee of $10 per person, per night (beyond 4, max 5 allowed)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 22 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »