O·cean Beach [ōSHən bēCH] noun
San Diego's final bastion of the 1960's beach town
John Muir approved ; )
A beautiful place to escape the trials of life, whether you're from inland San Diego/LA/OC, on the other side of the country, or across the world. Our bungalow is steps from everything OB has to offer: main beach, the famous pier, the dog beach, bars, restaurants, city bike rentals, surf shops and other shops on Newport Avenue. Come live the Oh Bee lifestyle : )
Walk out the front door and within 25 yards you're on the main beach! If you're in the mood for a social beach day - then walk one step forward and you're in the sand - congrats you made it! (Another couple yards to the dog beach!)
If you're looking for something more laid back i.e. picturesque cliffs, restaurants, bars, shops, great people, and everything else Ocean Beach has to offer then just walk around your neighboring streets - cheers, you've arrived!
***UPDATE: We now offer pet-sitting nearby! If you come with your pets but still want to take in some of the local culture where pets may not be allowed, include some details about your furry friends and the dates you may need and we will try to accommodate!***
You'll have full access to the bungalow but a SHARED backyard area with 3 of the other neighbors. The back area for this unit is not finished so it's mostly just dirt right now with a plan to lay grass and landscape in the coming months. Today it would function for a place for your dog to use the restroom under the following conditions ONLY:
- Kindly pick up after them
- There will potentially be other people and dogs in this area, your dog MUST be social and friendly around other dogs and people to use this area. By booking this unit you agree to be held responsible for yourself, your family, others in your group, and your dog while in the backyard. But you don't have to use it, you're right across from the dog beach and plenty of grass areas for your pup to do his/her business : )
- Always use caution when approaching new dogs, same with your dog for others.
- No pets are to be left anywhere on the property unsupervised, inside or outside.
We're avid texters so stay in touch : )
Other things of note:
1. There is a large, queen bed air mattress for one of the beds, so you will need to move some things around in order to have enough floor space to set them up at night. This will limit access to kitchen and dining area but provides a comfortable bed vs. smaller less comfortable mattresses or cots. (BEWARE OF SCRAPING THE WALLS PLEASE)
2. The back yard is scheduled to be improved over the coming months, they are mostly empty at this time but can be used for dogs to relieve themselves. **REMEMBER it's a shared space, you will be responsible for your dogs actions
3. This is a close quarters duplex near the beach so noise can travel easily, be courteous and nicely ask for the same from the neighbors if necessary - everyone is pleasant as per the SD attitude : )
4. NO CABLE, only internet enabled TV streaming, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
5. All of Ocean Beach is in the flight path of the airport's take-off routine. It is not terribly loud but it is noticeable. The official airline curfew is 11:30pm - 6:30am but Jet Blue, United, and Delta regularly break the curfew : / (Fly Southwest next time and keep OB quieter : )
6. Outdoor security system sees front door for guest safety.
There is a convenience store, laundromat, gas station, bar, burger joint, 2 higher end restaurants, great breakfast spot, coffee shop, and liquor store all within a 5 minute walk of your front steps - need anything else? Just ask : )
1 dedicated parking spot to the right of the building and there is free street parking available on nearby streets W. Point Loma Blvd, Muir Ave, and Voltaire Ave nearby bus stop for public transit, or city bikes for rent across the street!
Essentials (towels, soap, shampoo, sheets, TP)
Hi Speed Wifi
Roku HDTV (No cable)
Stream Netflix, Hulu etc
24 Hour Check-in
1 on-site parking spot + street parking
Nearby Public transport
Nearby City Bike Rentals
Referrals available for discounted rentals: Standup paddle boards (SUP), surf boards, boogie boards, add'l beach cruisers, and snorkel/scuba gear
Free/Heavily discounted Taxi Service via Uber or Lyft code
- No shoes in house
- Please NO parties, events, or loud noise after 10pm, very strict
- Please no smoking inside but you can easily step outside (pick up your butts please)
- All pets must be preapproved and fit in the following category: Non-vocal, light-shedding, potty-trained, non-chewers, and non-aggressive. Those that do are welcomed for shorter stays BUT they must stay with you when you leave, you cannot leave them behind for the day! (disoriented pets are loud pets)
- NO PETS ON FURNITURE
- If any rules are broken we reserve the right to withhold some or all of your deposit. Be nice and no worries : )Get the full listing »