** Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises and other travelers may be present during your stay **
Find your peaceful paradise in the pines at ‘The Castle in the Clouds,’ a 4-bedroom, 3-bath vacation rental house in the charming mountain town of Running Springs. Explore the natural wonder of the San Bernardino Mountains before returning to this newly renovated home with space for up to 15, to unwind by the fireplace or on the spacious deck with mountain views.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Suite: California King Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Bedroom 4 (Attic): Twin-over-Twin Bunk Bed, Twin Bed | Den: 2 Futons | Living Room: Queen Pullout Bed
Nestled among the majestic trees on a quiet street, it’s no wonder why this lovely 2,600-square-foot abode is named ‘The Castle in the Clouds.’ This home further embraces its name by offering distant scenic mountain views from the spacious front deck - sure to become your favorite spot to kick back with your family or travel companions on warm sunny days and cool winter nights.
After long days hiking, skiing or biking through the San Bernardino Mountains, return to this recently renovated property to kick back on the main floor offering cathedral ceilings, hardwood floors, and large windows throughout an open floor plan.
Lounge on the comfortable couches as the impressive, brick, dual wood-burning/gas fireplace warms the room. You may rather bask in the sunshine streaming through the large windows, which also lend views of the front deck overlooking the forest, and mountains, plus the city lights below. Come night time, cuddle up to watch a family movie on the flat-screen TV with Firestick.
When you've worked up an appetite, make your way to the open and inviting, fully equipped kitchen, offering stainless steel appliances, ample counter space and all of the necessary cookware to prepare feasts for the group.
Serve appetizers and drinks at the eat-in bar with seating for 2 and serve full meals at the lovely 6-person table with a window-framed view of the surrounding trees.
By the end of each day, retreat to your respective rooms for a good night’s sleep. The master bedroom is sure to please the heads of the household with its king bed and en-suite bathroom with clawfoot tub. The kids will love the hideaway-feel of the attic room with a twin-over-twin bunk bed and twin bed.
-- THE LOCATION --
‘The Castle in the Clouds’ is situated right by where the 18 and 330 meet, close to all the major resorts, parks, and attractions, plus restaurants and more! This home is in the perfect location to experience everything that the cute and quiet mountain town of Running Springs, along with its neighbors Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead, (as well as Crestline, Green Valley, and Arrowbear) have to offer.
Just around the corner, you’ll find delicious restaurants, like Blondie’s Grill and Bar, Toto’s Mexican food, plus Neo’s Pizza and Rocky’s Sandwiches.
During the winter time, this property is ideally located for skiing and snowboarding at Snow Valley Ski Resort, just 15 minutes away! You’ll also be minutes from SkyPark at Santa’s Village and right in between resort destinations, Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear.
Of course, no trip to the San Bernardino Mountains is complete without soaking up the unparalleled beauty of nature, which can be enjoyed during spring and summer nature hikes along beautiful forest trails. Lace up your boots and head to one of several trails surrounding the home, including Crab Creek Trail, Little Green Valley Hike and Exploration Trail!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, central heating, hardwood floors, cathedral ceilings, free WiFi, spacious deck with mountain views, dual gas/wood-burning fireplace, 2 TVs with Firestick, driveway parking for 3 vehicles, and much more
- If you’re traveling with a larger group, check the availability for the other vacation rental on site, Evolve listing #410446
- Great Running Springs location - Easy access to winter resorts, hiking trails, restaurants, Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear!
- Nearest Commercial Airport (~42 miles away from the property)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- There is an extra person fee of $20 per person, per night for every guest beyond 5 (beyond 5, maximum 15 allowed)
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises and other travelers may be present during your stay
- Also note that cell phone service may be spotty while in the area
- Note that this home is only accessible by a couple flights of stairs
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »