**Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay**
Escape to Alto, NM at this rustic 6-bedroom, 6-bath vacation rental home, complete with a hot tub and patio. The home can sleep 16 guests - making this the perfect destination to host family reunions! Enjoy a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival and then relax in front of the wood-burning fireplace before embarking on your skiing and hunting adventures!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1: King Bed | Bedroom 2: King Bed | Bedroom 3: King Bed | Bedroom 4: King Bed | Bedroom 5: Queen Bed | Bedroom 6: Queen Bed | Living Room: 2 Futons, Sleeper Sofa
Nestled on a 2-acre lot in the Lazy Bear Retreat Cabin Rentals community, ‘Big Bear Lodge’ boasts 2,600 square feet of clean and comfortable living space, so even large groups won’t be stepping on each other’s toes! Whether you're in town to hunt, ski, or hike, you'll enjoy the authentic cabin ambiance of this mountain retreat as well as the amenities and comforts of a modern hotel!
Upon arrival, you’ll immediately want to step out to the patio to entertain on those cool summer afternoons. Start up the gas grill and whip up a barbecue for your loved ones, or simply soak in the hot tub to let all your stresses slip away.
The interior is the epitome of warm and cozy. Southwestern decor is scattered throughout, and you’ll find plenty of space to settle for some downtime. Warm up during the winter months in front of the fireplace while sipping a calming mug of hot cocoa.
When hunger strikes, the kitchen is fully equipped to handle all your favorite recipes. Thanks to the open layout, the cooks in the kitchen can stay connected with their loved ones all the way over in the living room.
Bring your home-cooked spread over to the dining table, and then retire to one of the decks for a glass of wine before bed. Come nighttime, you’ll find each bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom, and 5 of the 6 bedrooms even offers a private deck!
-- THE LOCATION --
You certainly won't have to venture far to experience the best that the area has to offer, as ‘Big Bear Lodge’ is within easy reach of amazing attractions in both Alto and Ruidoso. From hiking and mountain biking to photography and gold panning, this area boasts a wide variety of attractions that are sure to please every interest and taste.
With its central location between the Capitan Mountains (Unit 37) and Sierra Blanca (Unit 36), the property makes it easy to access the best spots in Lincoln National Forest in addition to several local ranches. Pack your hunting gear and permits and get ready for an unforgettable experience in the majestic southern New Mexico mountains!
Travel over to Ruidoso’s main shops, which are only 15 minutes away, before trying your luck at the Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino. Head in the opposite direction to treat the kids to a visit to Smokey Bear Museum
During the summer months, all equestrians should head just 15 minutes to the Ruidoso Downs Race Track, while winter months bring prime adventure at Ski Apache, which is just 30 minutes from the property.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, complimentary bottle of New Mexico wine, locally roasted coffee, wood-burning fireplace, free WiFi, 7 flat-screen TVs with Roku, air conditioning, central heating, multiple decks, furnished patio, hot tub, gas grill, 1 kayak and 1 bike (available upon request), 4-car driveway, and more!
- Great Alto location just 15 minutes from Ruidoso! Only 30 minutes from Ski Apache and 15 minutes from Ruidoso Downs Race Track!
- Close proximity to prime hunting spots and Lincoln National Forest!
- If you're traveling with more than 16 guests, check the availability of the additional vacation rentals on the property (listing #417168 & #417167 on the Evolve website)
- Nearest Major Airport: Roswell International Air Center (~79 miles away)
On-Site Event Information:
- Events are preferred if renting out all 3 vacation rental properties on-site together. Please see Evolve listings #417168 and #417167
- Maximum number of people allowed at the property: 100
- Event fee: Required. Please inquire for more information
- Outside services/vendor details: Allowed
- Event parking: Plenty of parking on the premises
- Alcohol policies: Allowed with event insurance
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »