Located in the town of Ridgway, overlooking open space with sprawling mountain views, this very spacious and family friendly residence is a great home for everyone who seeks modern amenities, space, privacy, and the convenience of being right in town.
In summer the fully-fenced and landscaped backyard invites you to BBQ and curl-up in front of the outdoor gas fire-place. You’ll want to sit back and sip a glass of wine while you soak in the panoramic sunset-views of the rugged Cimarron Mountains.
The main living area is characterized by vaulted ceilings and dark-wood beams, an open floor plan, panoramic windows, a gas fire place and Flat-screen Apple TV.
The heart of the house is a kitchen designed for entertaining. Enjoy premium appliances such as a Wolf cook top, Miele oven, Miele steam-oven, super-quiet Bosch dishwasher, a Jenn-Air fridge and freezer, a Nespresso espresso-maker as well as a drip coffee maker, microwave, Kitchen Aid blender, large Kitchen Aid mixer, All-Clad Immersion Blender, Breville Panini-maker, Cuisinart Food Processor (9 cup), rice cooker, mini-crock pot. En-suite to the kitchen is a cozy, corner bench and table. The beautiful main dining table is placed between the kitchen and living room.
This 4,000 square-foot residence has vaulted ceilings featuring ceiling fans through-out all rooms and comfortably sleeps 8 people: Master bedroom (king size Tempurpedic mattress), two upstairs bedrooms (queen size), one bedroom downstairs (queen size) and three full bathrooms.
Additional Sleeping Spaces:
Two self-inflating queen-size beds can be used in either the living room or upstairs reading room. See pricing details for additional sleeping spaces.
The master bedroom windows open onto stunning views of the Cimarron Mountains as well as up the valley to Ouray and the San Juan. Full blackout curtains facilitate the late-sleeper or the jet-lagged. The master is connected to a private bathroom with sparkling rock countertops, two sinks, and an amazing steam shower with four shower heads that is not to be missed after skiing.
The two upstairs bedrooms look out to horse and yak pasture, a riding stable, and in the case of the corner bedroom, up-valley views to Ouray and the San Juans.
The downstairs bedroom has a large closet and is situated right off the bathroom with both tub and shower and landscaping that makes the room feel private should you choose to sleep with the windows open to the fresh mountain air.
All bathrooms have Kohler hardware and premium, custom tiling.
The house has a built-in air and water-filtration system, radiant floor heating, WiFi and designated, off-street parking spots for up to seven cars.
A separate laundry room offers quality front-loading washer and dryer so you can use your luggage-allowance for skis, golf-clubs, hiking boots, and fishing poles.
We offer complementary for our little guests:
- pack'n play
- changing table with comfy changing pad including two covers
We invite you to make yourself comfortable in our atrium-style library filled with mountain books and contemporary reading in English, German, French and Slovene languages.
We provide yoga-mats, blocks and straps for your personal practice or you may want to visit our wonderful yoga studio “Ridgway Yoga Shala”, conveniently located only a few minutes away.
Immediately across the street from the residence are the corals and winter pasture for Ridgway’s very own Cow Creek Outfitters. Horse riding, horse-packing, and wilderness big-game hunting trips can be arranged with them. Kids will delight in visiting the horses and resident yaks.
Please find a Ouray/Ridgway area hiking guide book and maps at the kitchen desk.
Mountaineering/Skiing/Back Country skiing/Climbing
Ouray is host of the world-famous Ouray Ice Park, where beginner and advanced climbers can challenge themselves by climbing moderate to steep ice. The Ouray Ice Park (open in winter only) is a mere 15 minutes from Ridgway.
Red Mountain pass and the vicinity offers excellent backcountry skiing. Only 30-60 minutes from Ridgway depending on the tour..
Telluride Ski and Golf Resort lies 34 miles south west of the home, typically a 45 minute drive.
To explore more cold adventure, we are happy to help you find a qualified mountain guide and rental gear.
- July: Each Thursday features a free outdoor concert in the park from 6-9pm.
- Fly fishing. Try below the Ridgway Reservoir dam, upper Cow Creek, or the lower San Miguel Rivers
- Bird watching
- Hot springs. The world-famous Orvis Hot Springs are five minutes away and the Ouray Town Pool features a kid-friendly environment (think waterslide), both feature strong, natural flows of hot water, no chlorine or other sanitization necessary in these high-flow hot pools that are famous for their health and restorative qualities.
- Rock Climbing, both sport and traditional rock climbing areas abound in the area.
- Mountaineering and peak-bagging. (nearby 14’er Mt. Sneffels is very popular)
- Hiking. From the famous Blue Lakes hike, just minutes from the house, to many other famous hikes both towards Telluride as well as in the Red Mountain Pass vicinity, there’s simply too many to list here. We’ll leave the guidebook on the desk.
- Backcountry Skiing
- Heli-Skiing with Telluride Heli-Trax
- Ice Climbing
- Cross-Country Skiing. Three different areas within 45 minutes of the house offer both Classic and Skating trails.
- Snow shoeing
- Hot springs (Orvis Hot Springs and Ouray Town Pool)Get the full listing »