Relax and unwind in our thoughtfully decorated, 1,200-square-foot, 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom guesthouse on 56 acres in the Uncompaghre Valley along the Uncompaghre River.
Your home-away-from-home is located in an idyllic setting on the valley floor surrounded by the San Juan Mountains. The views of Mt. Abrams and surrounding peaks rival the French, Italian, and Swiss Alps. This condo is nestled in the woods, surrounded by aspen, ponderosa, blue spruce, and cottonwood trees. It is well lit by afternoon sun through windows in every room that offer views of the woods and surrounding San Juan mountains. You merely need to walk out the door and wander a couple hundred yards to enjoy the river.
This cottage-like home with vaulted ceilings feels extra special due to its second-story location, which allows for bird's-eye views of the ranch, pastures, woods, mountains, and river from every room, as well as forest creatures who will gladly share their land with you.
When you first arrive, you'll be greeted by a long dirt driveway a half mile off the highway past pastures until you reach our log cabin and enter through your own private entrance using a keypad. Here, you will relax in the spacious and tastefully appointed living room featuring a fireplace, 50-inch internet-ready TV, games, books, and more.
Rest peacefully in our sumptuous king and queen bedrooms with down pillows and comforters (as well as synthetic options for those with allergies). We often receive rave reviews about the comfort of the beds, as well as the cleanliness of this condo. We personally ensure it is thoroughly cleaned using non-toxic cleaners before each guest arrives.
The full bathroom includes a tub and shower, and we provide cleansing and relaxation extras, often organic, for your traveling convenience and pleasure.
The kitchen is well equipped with plenty of dishes, pots, pans, etc., so you can make all your meals here if you so choose. We provide coffee and a selection of teas for you to choose from, and a few extra goodies at times.
We share our land with deer, moose, elk, foxes, magpies, falcons, hawks, chickadees, robins, cardinals, hummingbirds, bluebirds, and other beautiful animals.
Our visitors enjoy adventures within minutes, including hiking, biking, soaking in the hot springs (Orvis Hot Springs and Ouray Hot Springs are each within a 5-minute drive), rock/ice climbing, four-wheeling, dining, and shopping in and around downtown Ridgway and Ouray (each is a seven-minute drive). Ouray is called The Switzerland of America and with good reason. Gold-medal water fishing is accessible on the Uncompaghre 15 minutes downstream.
The town of Telluride is 16 miles away as the crow flies, and it is an awe-inspiring one-hour drive around the mountain range. It offers world-class skiing, music festivals, shopping, dining, and more.
- Private entrance with keypad
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee, tea, dinnerware, and more
- Comfortable, clean beds with down comforters and pillows
- Spacious living room with fireplace, 50-inch internet ready TV, games, books, and more
- Sparkling bathtub/shower
- Outdoor grill
- Spectacular views and plenty of pesticide-free acreage to rest, roam, enjoy silence and nature along the river, surrounded by mountains, pastures, and woods
- Free and easy parking at the foot of your stairs (including plenty of parking for trailers and ATVs)
- Air conditioning and heat
- Wireless Internet
- Internet-ready TV
- Dressers, suitcase stands, closets, hangers, and a hair dryer
- No smoking on the property (indoors or out; this is a strict rule, so if you’re a smoker this is not the right place for you)
- Not suitable for pets
- No parties or events
- Not safe or suitable for infants, toddlers, or small children
- Check-in is anytime after 4 p.m.
- Check out is by 11 a.m.
- Self check-in with keypad
We especially welcome guests who treat our home as you would your own, carefully keeping it beautiful for other guests and your future visits.Get the full listing »