Welcome to Bear Mountain Retreat! Quiet farm setting on 20 acres away from it all - room for your whole family! This 2500 sf. custom home features 2 master suites. Come enjoy swimming in the pool and lounging in the Summer sun. The property features a seasonal pond at the gated entrance where turtles and ducks paddle about. Enjoy a walk along the deer path to the babbling seasonal creek to catch frogs or bird watch. Entire 20 acres are fenced and cross fenced. Animals are present in some pastures. Husband and wife owners work/live in the barn (yep!) and RV, so can be available if you need anything - yet you have your privacy up at the house, which is over 100 feet away.
Complementary starter items to help you settle in until you can get to the store.
- Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash
- Laundry pods, bleach, and fabric softener
- Some variety of foil, Ziploc bags, and cellophane
- Liquid dish soap, dishwasher pods, and hand soaps
- Salt & pepper
- Kleenex and 3 rolls toilet paper in each bathroom
Fully stocked quality kitchenware. Lots of kitchen counter space for multiple cooks. Free wi-fi with Netflix, Hulu, Pandora. Pets are welcome for an additional fee - there's even room to bring your horses in our 2 available stalls and a huge fenced dog yard for the pooches. Wake up to deer roaming the property in this peaceful setting and cozy up to the fireplace in the winter. Lots of extras and things to do for the whole family. Enjoy the surrounding waterfalls and hiking spots in the area. Closest boat launch is only 6.8 miles away! We'd love to have you visit!
1• Master suite with king bed. Plus, room for additional sleeping for two on air mattress.
2• Jr. master suite with king bed
3• King bed
4• Queen bed
5• 2 sets of bunk beds. One has a full on bottom
Roku: Netflix, Hulu, Pandora
Pool w/ slide and diving board (Summer Only)
Large refrigerator with ice maker
Washer and dryer
Dishes and utensils
Keurig coffee brewer
Hot water percolator
Ironing board/ iron
Large sectional couch w/electric recliners
Sofa, love seat and chaise lounge by the fire
Central heating and air
Boat and boat trailer parking
*RV parking for an additional fee - See "Extra Large Groups" below.
*Pasture and horse stalls for an additional fee - inquire with host.
*Events with special pricing - See "Extra Large Groups" below.
*Pets (dogs only) for an additional flat fee. $100/up to 2 pets. 2 pet maximum.
- Barn and garage are off limits to guests
- No entry to closed gates; livestock are present within.
- No additional guests or pets without authorization
- No unattended children in pool area, at creek, or ponds
- No diving off diving board, only jumping feet first - pool is only 7 ft. deep
- Keep pool gate closed at all times when children are present
- No glass in pool area; red solo cups and plastic cups are provided
- Clean up after your pets
- Pets must be closely attended to at all times if outside to avoid contact with livestock. A huge enclosed dog yard is available for your use when your pet is not secured in the house.
- No pets on bedding or cloth sofas - AN ADDITIONAL FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR CLEANING, however...
- Leather sectional okay to snuggle with Fido
- Only well-behaved, house-trained pets welcome
- Failure to check out on time will result in additional fees.
- No smoking indoors; A fee will be charged. Owner is allergic and has a detective nose.
Smoking allowed on back patio ONLY! This is a very high fire zone and precautions are taken seriously.
Extra Large Groups:
Can be reserved for a small wedding or family reunion with special pricing and a separate signed agreement. Events are day use only and not to exceed maximum number of 50 day time attendees. Rental of port-a-potty(s) will be required. There is a maximum of 15 guests in the house. Additional overnight guests must camp out in own RV and use RV facilities so as to not overload our rural septic system. Maximum of 4 RVs on property with maximum of 16 people assigned to RVs. RVs must be fully self-contained and in good working order. Only quiet generators allowed. Dry camping only, however, electrical for medical needs might be possible. Contact host for details.
We respect your privacy. There are NO surveillance or recording devices inside the house or in the back yard or pool area. There is 1 camera on each side of the barn, 1 at the owner's RV pad, and 1 in the front circle driveway.
The Owners live on the 20 acre property in an RV, but it is away from the house so you have your privacy. They can be available if you need anything.Get the full listing »