** Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay **
Experience the historic charm of Raleigh when you stay at this lovely 2-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom vacation rental apartment filled with antique decor and furnishings. Built in 1904, this cozy getaway offers sleeping arrangements for 4, terrific amenities, and a fantastic location within walking distance of downtown, making it the perfect home base to explore the city!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: Full Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds
Cruise along the beautiful streets of historic Oakwood to discover this charming apartment situated in a classic Victorian-style home. The 1,800 square feet of well-appointed living space is sure to make you feel right at home, as it boasts high ceilings, hardwood floors, and abundant natural light!
As the chef of your group prepares a meal in the fully equipped kitchen, stir yourself up a refreshing cocktail at the bar stocked with glassware. When dinner is ready, gather in the formal dining area hosting an elegant 4-person table! A plush leather sofa and flat-screen cable TV also adorn this area.
On nice days, grab a novel out of the lengthy bookshelf and lounge on the covered porch for some light reading. If you need to stretch your legs out, take a stroll 2 blocks away to the gorgeous North Carolina Executive Mansion to admire the elaborate woodwork of an architectural masterpiece!
When you retire for the night, retreat to the master bedroom filled with a full bed and bold blue and yellow hues. An additional bedroom hosts 2 cloud-like twin-sized beds, offering a comfortable space for 2 guests to rest their heads.
-- THE LOCATION --
This amazing apartment is conveniently located in one of Raleigh's oldest neighborhoods, just steps from a mecca of historic sites! Comb the streets to discover the Merrimon-Wynne House, Heck-Andrews House, and Haywood Hall & Gardens.
Only 2 blocks east is the legendary Oakwood Cemetery, known as the final resting place of the Confederate dead. There are many other scenic spots scattered all over the city, such as Moore Square, Oakwood Park, and Mordecai Historic Park.
The city is also home to an array of museums, including the North Carolina Museum of History, North Carolina Museum of Art, and Marble Kids Museum. Explore more of the area when you roam downtown just southwest of the apartment, filled with a plethora of delicious restaurants, boutique shops, and buzzing bars!
With over 150 restaurants in the downtown Raleigh area, take a break from cooking and venture out to enjoy some local favorites! Dine at one of the 4-star restaurants in the area including Gravy, Sitti and Bida Manda. Some other delicious cuisine can be found at Side Street Cafe, the Brewerks Cafe, The Oakwood Cafe, Gringo’s Mexican Restaurant, or The station at Person Street.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, flat-screen cable TV, free WiFi, books, central heating and air conditioning, linens, towels, in-unit laundry machines, complimentary toiletries, a furnished covered porch, free street parking, and more!
- Unbeatable Raleigh location - Steps from the Oakwood Cemetery, several historic sites, museums, restaurants, and more!
- Nearest commercial airport: Raleigh-Durham International Airport (~15.2 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- Please note that the backyard is inaccessible
- Please note the property is not suitable for children under 12
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-inGet the full listing »