There is nothing like the countryside to restore energies, refresh and revive from the daily life and routines! Casa do Arco, a fully restored typical stone house of Northern Portugal is a place where you can just relax with your family and friends, spend long afternoons sunbathing by the pool, have your homemade meals at the old storage house and so much more!
If you are interested in long walks by the nature or car tours by the region, then this house is strategically placed in the heart of Minho, home of the unique Green Wine (a bottle will be waiting for you at check-in)!
Casa do Arco was an old farm house that was totally renovated and thought out to offer its guests a comfortable, relaxing and memorable stay!
The House itself is very well equipped, with private parking for several cars, private pool and a garden with lots of spaces for relaxation and gathering moments with family and friends!
Indoors, enjoy wide, pleasant and well naturally lighted spaces, including 4 bedrooms, two large open spaces, each with living and dining room and kitchen (one on the 1st floor, one on the 1st floor), and 3 complete bathrooms.
Outdoors, you can decide whether to seat by the pool and sunbathing, play outdoors games, have a bicycle ride in the town, ... For those hot summer days that you expect in Portugal, enjoy a great barbecue meal at the old storage house, used back then as a storage for cereals and agriculture tools!
Besides that, the house is fully prepared to receive children from all ages, as you will have at your disposal: baby crib, high chair, lots of toys, kids bicycles, stairs barriers, ...
So that not a single detail is missed and in order to provide you a relaxing and worry-free stay, we have at your disposal a Transfer Service from and back to Porto Airport (50min driving), as well as a Car Arrangement for your stay if you wish so!
Porto Airport - 50min driving
(Take A41 - Take A3, direction Braga / Valença - Exit 10, Anais / Vila Verde)
Casa do Arco is located in the heart of Freixo, a small town only 15min driving to the historic center of Ponte de Lima.
Once here, you will find all the services you may need all around! Only 2min driving or 5min by bicycle, you will find supermarkets, bakery, pharmacy, gas station, restaurants and cafes ...
If you are an active person looking for different experiences, we can provide you with a wide range of so:
- Canoeing at Lima River (5min driving to the Nautical Club of Ponte de Lima)
- Hiking and mountain trails, 20min driving
- Ecovia (about 70km of pedestrian and cycling paths along the sides of the Lima River)
- Horse Riding at Equestrian Center Lima Valley or along the sides of Lima River, 6min driving
- Golf course, 7min driving.
- Organized tours to the most important historic centers and cities in the region
- Surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing - Viana Locals School, 25min driving.
- Horseback trails, 10min driving
- Bike trails, 20min driving
- Adventure park (slide, climbing, rappel, circuit of bridges, paintball, canyoning, ...), 20min driving
- Wine tastings and tours
If you do not want to leave the house in order to take the most of it, here are our home services:
- Yoga and reconnective healing
- Massages and beauty treatments
If you are a Touring Lover and wish to get to know the very best of this region, then we advise you:
- Ponte de Lima, the oldest town of Portugal - 15 min driving
- Braga, a religious destination - 35 min driving
- Peneda-Gerês National Park - 40 min driving
- Viana do Castelo, a lovely seaside city - 40 min driving
- Guimarães, birthplace of Portugal and UNESCO World Heritage Cities - 50 min driving
- Porto, UNESCO World Heritage - 55 min driving
- Douro Valley, UNESCO World Heritage - 1h50min driving
- Santiago de Compostela (Spain) - 2h drivingGet the full listing »